Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why does it take so long for a bank to reply to an offer??

Options
  • 28-05-2012 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi all,

Put in a low ball offer on a house bout 4-5 weeks ago? Estate agent said bank should be back with a reply within a week but still haven't heard a thing. Why does it take so long......

Any advice or similar situations?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭StillWaters

Whats is the Estate Agent saying? That is too long to hear back. I assume they have not entertained your offer, but the EA should have let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 trixie2007

Estate agent is still waiting for a reply from the bank..... he has not heard anything yet....
    I thought it was a bit long to be waiting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭djmcr

EA could be waiting to see if he gets any other offer before they turn yours down. Put a time limit on your offer, tell them that offer expires on x date.

EA is not waiting for another offer, nobody has viewed the house in two years. Why would it take soooo long from the banks side. I know they have to have meetings and stuff but it surely can't take 5 weeks........

Any advice welcome:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭StillWaters

No it shouldn't take that long. Tbh it sounds like the EA has not put the offer to the bank, and is waiting for a higher offer.

• Advertisement

EA has told me they have put offer to bank, emailed and rang them. EA even sounds annoyed with them. Could there be any other reasons??

Cheers

Advertisement