Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Maths Predictions (Honours Only)

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

If the Central Limits theorem is on the course, then why is it not in any of the books?

Also, the likelihood of Proof of Contradiction? I'll cry if it comes up :(

Because it's written cryptically in te syllabus! my teacher got us a whole exercise on it from k really old maths book she had! It's not too bad though! once you understand it its grand!

quite likely, that's the 6a the original pilot schools are expecting and we get the same P2 as them. I <3 proof by contradiction.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Frankjones45

Just after realising im lost my Mock Exams :( Need to lok over,Can anyone PLEASE send them to me or tell me where to find exam/marking scheme online!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭the_big_shmoke

for the higher LC maths exam this year, is the paper one the same format as other years and the paper 2 is project maths type paper.

or are they both paper 1 and 2 project maths type papers??
    p.s. i understand this is an embarrassing question to be asking at this stage in the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭DepoProvera

for the higher LC maths exam this year, is the paper one the same format as other years and the paper 2 is project maths type paper.

or are they both paper 1 and 2 project maths type papers??
    p.s. i understand this is an embarrassing question to be asking at this stage in the game.

Good man, I have high hopes for ye'.

Paper 1 is the same as previous years and Paper 2 is project maths( unless you are in a pilot school).

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭EDmon

Where can you find all the proofs, and theorems for paper 1?
    and for paper 2?

I don't know where to get them online.
    Does anyone have a resource / page and book reference that I could use to get them all together.

As the exam is tomorrow please respond asap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Frankjones45

They should be in your book marked with a *

What i know is
    Proof by Induc for differentiation
    De moivres Them
    Sum Differentiation
    Qout rule
    Product rule
    Factor Them

Hope this helps :)

Also i have always wondered:

If I don't know the write answer and I write out several different methods and i cross the ones I don't think to be right out but one of them turns out to be right do i still get full marks? Even tho it wasnt the answer i choose?

Please answer :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 113 ✭✭amymak

"Question: Is the 95% confidence interval on or off the course?

Answer Yes!"

How more unclear can you be? They're supposed to be maths whizzes, shouldn't they understand that that's not a valid answer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭mcpaddington

amymak wrote: »
    "Question: Is the 95% confidence interval on or off the course?

Answer Yes!"

How more unclear can you be? They're supposed to be maths whizzes, shouldn't they understand that that's not a valid answer?

It's on the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 hamal

paper 1 was sick!

Advertisement