Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Maths Paper 2 hints and tips (Honours Only)

• 28-05-2012 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi

My teacher is awful and doesn't really know what she is doing when it comes to Paper 2 :'(

Anyone got any good hints and tips for tackling paper 2?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Stalin and rugby

Study..

1cd234e6_half-trollface.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Spattersonox

my thought on paper two -- FUCCCCCCCCCCK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

If you're not sure exactly what to do just try anything you can think of- they're very generous with attempt marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Spattersonox

seriously though, I reallllly think they're going to make Paper 1 SO HARD and make paper two doable with generous attempts marks. To show that ''project maths is great and the students love it and are so good at it'' WINK WINK ;);) pile of crap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Oh god, if Paper 1 is hard I'll cry. I'll go into Paper 2 so discouraged that I'll probably fail. :L
    Only advice I can even think of for P2 is to try and get like 200/300 in P1 so P2 cant kill you. :')

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Astrozombies

My school's a pilot school and unfortunately we're doing BOTH project maths for paper 1 and 2! Load of ****e. Only thing is I'm kinda used to it now so I'm PRAYING it's not that hard. I'm awful at maths, yet doing HL!
    Never failed a maths test.. but haven't gotten over 50% since 5th year :/ worried to the maxxxxx

anyways for P2 just cover the basics, trigonometry, geometry, the line, the circle and statistics (actually im not sure that might be on paper 1)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Oh god, if Paper 1 is hard I'll cry. I'll go into Paper 2 so discouraged that I'll probably fail. :L
    Only advice I can even think of for P2 is to try and get like 200/300 in P1 so P2 cant kill you. :')

I am aiming to get my A1 in this stupid project maths... I'll need at least 285/300 if not more to be near guaranteed it... :/ it's sickening.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Frankjones45

Is there any certain way of answering that anyone knows of? Im dead for Question 8 :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Spoof everything you know down on the page.They will be correcting Paper 2 very easily because they want to show that the new course is easier and that people get better grades.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Is there any certain way of answering that anyone knows of? Im dead for Question 8 :(

Damage limitation :P the only way to go :P maximising your marks on stuff you do know and writing down everything you do know and making attempts at questions you have no idea about :) they are gonna throw away marks here, just keep writing seriously :) the answer is in the question lads, always remember that :)

• Advertisement

Oh GOD question 8. It's basically 75 marks shaved off my result from the beginning. Ridiculous. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Cosmic.Postman

Those three theorems (one of which is guaranteed to come up) ....learn 'em off boiiiis! Nice 25 marks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭MattHelders

Is Question 8 the trigonometry?

I'm ****ting myself for paper 1. Only got 28% in it in my Mocks. I got 64% in paper 2

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭deathbythelc

Those three theorems (one of which is guaranteed to come up) ....learn 'em off boiiiis! Nice 25 marks :)

Those three OR a proof by contradiction! My teacher had a mini freak out last week because she read the syllabus again and saw that. She had to teach it to the 7 of us that were in class. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Project Maths is like getting the shift for the first time

You just dive in and hope what you do is right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85 ✭✭treely

Does anyone know where to get solutions for the paper 2s that are in the edco papers? I dont think they're on examinations.ie:confused:

Oh, and what theorums/constructions do we need to know for paper 2?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭bobjimmy

Just to confirm what are the three gaureneteed Theroms that your teachers told ya?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 88 ✭✭skanger

Project Maths is like getting the shift for the first time

You just dive in and hope what you do is right

At least project maths will finally happen for me this summer :(

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

My school's a pilot school and unfortunately we're doing BOTH project maths for paper 1 and 2! Load of ****e. Only thing is I'm kinda used to it now so I'm PRAYING it's not that hard. I'm awful at maths, yet doing HL!
    Never failed a maths test.. but haven't gotten over 50% since 5th year :/ worried to the maxxxxx

I'm a pilot school too, apparently only two people failed honours maths from the pilot schools last year! It's a bit comforting :P

But now we're all doing it! ;)
    Jk, I heard that the pilot school results were excellent. Hopefully its an indication of how we'll all do thanks to Project Maths!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Stalin and rugby

skanger wrote: »
    At least project maths will finally happen for me this summer :(

I think this Summer I may finally get lucky with both..

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Frankjones45

Just after realising im lost my Mock Exams :( Need to lok over,Can anyone PLEASE send them to me or tell me where to find exam/marking scheme online!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

I think this Summer I may finally get lucky with both..

I think this summer I'm losing my manliness completely. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭grantyrs10

there are no attempt marks for paper 2,it is different to paper 1. There is a scale which is constructed along with the marking scheme. Indeed, it was somewhat generous last year yet it may not be the case of what you are saying for it to be easy. I would say the fail rate will drop but it has actually been documented that the number of a's has decreased from old st up

Advertisement