Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strava request - needs premium membership.

Options
  • 28-05-2012 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

Would anyone with Strava Premium membership be kind enough to tell me where a time of 18:41 fits in among the 35 to 44 age group and the 75 to 84kg weight range for the Boards Stocking Lane TT segment? I'm at the upper limits of both so be nice to an old man :D

Took a "leisurely" spin up there on Sunday and uploaded the data from a Garmin Edge 200 to Strava but don't have premium membership to see where I list in age and weight ranges, is the premium membership worth the monthly fee (no HR data from an Edge 200)? Any other real advantage of premium other than the age/weight listings?

Who is this annoying Ryan Sherlock anyways, I already hate him, a lot ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,080 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

47/65 by weight, 42/63 by age.

Unfortunately it's only possible to select one excuse at a time. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭seve65

the 35 to 44 age group
    42nd
    and the 75 to 84kg weight range
    47th

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

42nd place. QC?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,353 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I was going to say you really don't want to know, but it's a bit late now

It would get you last place in the over 65s, and there would still be 8 behind you if you were over 105kg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭quenching

Thanks folks, I'm kind of sorry I asked now! Of course, those ahead of me in my age group, which seems to be just about everyone, has been cycling road bikes for many many years, have better lighter bikes than me, and did that segment when the wind was blowing uphill :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

As a matter of interest, what does the Strava Premium cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

this reminds me must go up stocking lane side this month and get under my 18mins flat.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭ian_rush

As a matter of interest, what does the Strava Premium cost?

It is about $6 per month or $60 a year. IMO strava would made a lot more money if they brought the price down to €20 per year. While the premium features are interesting they are not worth $60 per year and I can't imagine strava get a huge take up. I suspect they may start charging for currently free features once they hit a critical mass of users and the venture capital guys start looking for returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭C3PO

It would be interesting to know how many of us who got free upgrades recently will pay to keep the premium membership when the time comes! I think I probably .... might!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

According to this post you could get a free month by just "recommending" Strava to another of your email addresses (and then signing up again with that address). However, following the link now, things seem to have changed: you can now get three months, but the "recomendee" has to buy a premium membership! :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement