Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dead Pixel New iPad

• 28-05-2012 9:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭

Hi there,

Just looking for some advice on this. I bought an iPad 3 in Power City the other day and just noticing it has a single dead pixel. This is something that will drive me up the wall - the iPad is expensive without having defects and more dead pixels will likely develop.

Do you think Power City will give me a replacement, or should I contact Apple directly?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Hi there,

Just looking for some advice on this. I bought an iPad 3 in Power City the other day and just noticing it has a single dead pixel. This is something that will drive me up the wall - the iPad is expensive without having defects and more dead pixels will likely develop.

Do you think Power City will give me a replacement, or should I contact Apple directly?

Thanks

For 1 dead pixel neither will. Its an unfortunate by product of the process with LCD screens. Nothing to say there will be more either. You could try rubbing the pixel gently with a soft cloth, sometimes they are "stuck" rather than dead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

I had a dead pixel in my iPhone4 when I bought it. They wanted to repair it but I persisted in being difficult and they replaced it.

Even though it's 'just one', I can fully understand how it could drive you mad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Rubbing will do nothing on the iPad as its the digitiser your rubbing rather than the lcd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭hearny

Contact Apple, Would be very surprised if its not replaced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Stuck Cone

Thats apple for ya

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Stuck Cone wrote: »
    Thats apple for ya

No that's every product that uses lcd screens for ya.

Limericks wrote: »
    No that's every product that uses lcd screens for ya.

BAZINGA! At least with an android you wont look ghey!

I use an xperia play ;)

Limericks wrote: »
    I use an xperia play ;)

HP Touchpad Cynagenmod, Wildfire Cynagenmod, and soon a mini computer with hopefully cynagenmod, you sir are a ledge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Atilathehun

Hi there,

Thanks

There are pixels dying nowdays, thet never died before:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

No, you'll look like steerage.

dodzy wrote: »
    No, you'll look like steerage.

Ok, your majesty.

Advertisement