Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help! Can I dye hair two days in a row??

• 28-05-2012 10:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭

Bit of a disaster this evening. Instead of my usual light ash brown dye I just used light brown and brown it ain't. It's bloody red. Looks awful. Will I be bald as a coot if I use my usual dye over it tomorrow? Going away on Thursday a.m. so can't wait (plus am too vain).

Research (too late) tells me the ash should counteract the red tones - any ideas???

It was a permanent dye - John Frieda. Never again!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

Theres a product called 'colour b4'

http://www.boots.com/en/Colour-B4-Hair-Colour-Remover-by-Scott-Cornwall-hair-expert-_1000978/

which claims to 'rewind' your hair to the colour it was before you dyed it by removing fresh dye. Its probably less damaging and the result more reliable than trying to get the next dye right to counteract it.

Good luck. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭galwaymusic

Friend dyed her hair 3 times in one day!!
    It's possible, though it damages your hair even once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭galwaymusic

My Friend dyed her hair 3 times in one day!!
    It's possible, though it damages your hair even once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭Unregistered39

Thanks guys. It's not quite as bad today as last night, that first look under the bathroom lights was horrendous.

For some reason the idea of the ColourB4 scares the crap out of me (Thanks though!). I'm thinking I might try a light ash brown semi-permanent or one of those 6-8 washes jobbies and see if that works. That or a hairband...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

colour b4 is no where near as harsh as a normal permenant hair dye in my experience. washing your hair with washing up liquid is good for calming down newly dyed hair, but you'll want to use a strong conditioner with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭gillapino

As gingernut said washing up liquid can help a lot, but condition well, i've had quite a few bad dye jobs, and have dyed my hair 3 times in one week ! but if you are dying over it maybe use a dye with no ammonia, as it will better for your hair, Loreal casting creme gloss has no ammonia and a large variety of shades. The damage shouldnt be that bad if you use hair masks regularly and condition, and use shampoos suited to coloured hair.

Thanks all. I've decided I'll live with it for at least a couple of weeks. It's only three weeks since I last dyed it and I just don't want to take any chances.

Advice much appreciated though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

I'd never use John Frieda dyes again either, turned my hair dark brown ...took me ages to get my hair back to normal!!!

Colour b4 is good but I find it leaves your hair dry.

Hi again,

OK, have endured nearly three weeks of the redness but it is getting more brassy by the day so I have picked up my usual Nice 'n Easy in a Light Ash Brown and am going to colour it tomorrow. My question is, if anyone has experience of this, how long should I leave it on for?

The only two options are 25 mins for all-over colour (if hair hasn't been coloured for several months) or 20 mins on roots and then 5-10 minutes on the rest of the hair for root regrowth. Neither of these really apply to me but I'm wondering if I cover all of my hair and leave it for, say, 20 minutes will it end up going green or something? Does the colour go through a spectrum as the dye is taking hold?

Any advice appreciated.

Advertisement