Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Primary teaching courses?

• 28-05-2012 10:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

Asking on behalf of someone who wants to do primary teaching. He has a primary degree. Would like to commence a training course in primary teaching this Sept/Oct.
    Is it too late to apply at this stage of the year? Other than St.Pats and Mary I, where else can this course be done (as a postgrad).
    What are the options for studying in the UK? Closing dates? How to apply?
    Many thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

Yes it's far too late. Marino and Froebel aswell. Also online with Hibernia.
    Has your friend honours Irish to honours level?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

Yes it's far too late. Marino and Froebel aswell. Also online with Hibernia.
    Has your friend honours Irish to honours level?

Yeah she is well qualified in Irish-fluent speaker with A1 from the Leaving Cert so that's not an issue! She has a science degree from UCD already too.

Anyone know if the UK is still open for postgrad primary teaching applications?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭CG328

Yeah it is, go to the GTTR website :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Starr27

Hi, just saw this post, and thought i would reply. As far as I am aware its not too late to apply as for any of the courses if you are a mature student applying for the postgrad courses. the deadline for applications to the Hibernia course is Aug 20th, and the other courses may not be sanctioned by the department to go ahead until December so you would have to wait and see if your called for interview, they then usually have a quick turn around time for acceptances and commencing the courses usually in feb etc.

On another note, I repeated the LC hons Irish this year and am confident I got the C3, what I am wondering about is, does anyone have any tips in terms of what they tend to ask about in the Irish Oral part of the Interview for the Colleges of Education? Also, am I better to just apply to Hibernia and take it if accepted instead of waiting to see if accepted onto Colleges of Ed course? Anyone know any Irish teachers that give grinds in the Dublin area, I'd like to keep up practicing my spoken Irish etc.... Any suggestions welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 futura

I'm not sure about the application date but as far as I know the post grad courses in Pats, Froebel, Marino and Mary I don't start until Feb and finish the following June so unless Hibernia begin in Sept it won't be possible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 EricC

Hi All,

Just came across this thread as I'm thinking of going back to College, Sept 2013 to do primary teaching. I have to repeat Irish though, does anybody know what the Irish Leaving Cert Irish Course is like now or where could I get this information.

Does anybody have any experience with the TEG courses, I have heard these are easier to get good grades in then the Leaving Cert.

I look forward to your response. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement