Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 4s 64gb Safari problem

• 28-05-2012 10:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭

Would anyone have any ideas on this?

I have the above, whenever I hit the bookmark tab it closes safari. I have deleted cache/cookies, turned off syncing of bookmarks with iCloud but to no avail. My laptop has calved so I can't connect to iTunes at the moment.

This isn't the only problem, at times the phone becomes extremely hot and often when I go to load certain web pages I am met with a black screen.

I presume my best bet is to return it to apple, pay my €29 and allow the hold on my card until the replacement is received? Vodafone aren't bothered and cannot commit to a timeframe for the return.

All suggestions welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭The Big Gig

Have you tried restore?
    I'd try these steps first.

1 Back up to iCloud.
    2 Update Software 5.1.1
    3 Restore from iCloud

If that doesn't work then try a restore as new phone.

These are things apple will ask you to do before they'll set up a return anyway.

If you do have to do a return... look at the applecare service. 69 quid.. you'll get a replacement the next day and also have an extra year support and warranty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Thanks for that. Doesn't seem to have done the trick. It worked for a little while but as I rearranged the bookmarks it froze and then safari crashed again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

If you're within your complimentary 90 days of Applecare (or you bought Applecare) give them a call and they'll talk you through either fixing it yourself or sending it to them for a replacement.

Advertisement