Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy window/door alarms?

Options
  • 28-05-2012 10:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

Just wondering where I could buy ones that I could attach to my windows and doors. Cheapish if possible? I read somewhere that the Euro Shops used to have them for €2 each but alas they don't have them now as I've checked a few of those shops with no joy.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

B&Q are having a clearance sale on all security products

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

B&Q are having a clearance sale on all security products

Thanks Thumderbird. Will have a look

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Door and window chimes.

altor wrote: »

Door and window chimes.

As in the wind chimes or the little battery alarms with the switch on the side???

Door and window chimes.

As in the wind chimes or the little battery alarms with the switch on the side???
    Little battery ones you can stick onto the windows/door frames.

• Advertisement

They are just a stand alone unit that has a magnet and reed fitted inside the main unit.
    It is powered by a battery. Have not seen one in a long mind you.

I had a look on the B&Q website but they are expensive. I was hoping to get them for a few quid each and stick a battery in each of them then. Cheap option!

They are just a stand alone unit that has a magnet and reed fitted inside the main unit.
    It is powered by a battery. Have not seen one in a long mind you.

I might try eBay if all else fails.

Yup B&Q is the place to go so .. They also have little vibration ones... The alarms are also on sale and I've herd there reliable enough ;) if your on a budget ( Friedland response range)

Yup B&Q is the place to go so .. They also have little vibration ones... The alarms are also on sale and I've herd there reliable enough ;) if your on a budget ( Friedland response range)

I would check the frequency of the detector in this alarm. I took one out as they where getting interference from some thing in the area. The detectors where using 433 ;)

• Advertisement

868mhz i thinks

868mhz i thinks

This one was 433.

Yellow siren with blue lens . Solar panel on top????? . They brought out a new range that works on 868mhz

Just back from B&Q and yes they have them but they are cheaper on eBay so am going to get them there. They also have them on Amazon but the postage is just cost prohibitive. Thanks for all the advice. I'll sleep easier at night when they arrive!

Glad you got sorted .. Remember if someone does open the window they can just switch it off at the side

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭cyberblade 918c

See your in galway ..... Tesco Oranmore have them.... very bottom corner of the store after cosmetics beside the light bulbs and torches !!

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭cyberblade 918c

also not too sure if the joyces stores in galway city have discount stores also - but the joyces in Tuam has another smaller store (like a 2€ shop) and they have 3 or 4 of these units in a pack for 5€;)

Thanks all. I ordered them from a crowd in Dublin through eBay (10 for €30) and they are due to arrive today. Thanks for all the help. Will know where to go again if I need them.

Advertisement