Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fab Falafel Wrap Stall!

Options
  • 28-05-2012 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

I was in town last week and went for lunch in the grounds of Christ Church where they had lots of stalls set up. There was one called Falafel Wrap and they just did veggie stuff. You can get a wrap for €5 or a veggie plate which includes a wrap, falafel, two types of hummus, somasas, stuffed vine leaves and two salads for €9. It was so amazing that I just had to post this to let people know! The queue does get long at peak lunchtime but it's worth the wait! The stalls are there every Thursday.

Has anyone else tried this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

Deadly, keen to check this out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

There's a few good falafel stalls at Dun Laoghaire market at the weekends. The queues will tell you the best one! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Yep I think these guys are in Dun Laoighaire on Sundays and possibly Sandyford on Fridays though that might be a different falafel stall!

Food markets can be great for amazing veggie stuff :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

sounds good! is there any particular time or anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Missed it this week, but I'll try get there next week if I can. Sounds interesting, as I've walked by there so many times recently, and seen stalls, never realising there were veggies ones!

• Advertisement

Missed it this week, but I'll try get there next week if I can. Sounds interesting, as I've walked by there so many times recently, and seen stalls, never realising there were veggies ones!

might see you there :P
    planned on going today but then I got derailed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Bread comes straight out of a store bought wrapper, so full of chemicals that it tastes like vinegar. Falafel was dry and tasteless and salad was soft and old. Tried twice, same result.

--LOS-- wrote: »
    might see you there :P
    planned on going today but then I got derailed
    With some luck! I'll get in touch beforehand :)
    bombidol wrote: »
    Bread comes straight out of a store bought wrapper, so full of chemicals that it tastes like vinegar. Falafel was dry and tasteless and salad was soft and old. Tried twice, same result.
    Cheers for the update. I'll get the chance to test it out during the week thankfully, so can add to your experience, be it positive or negative.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭ButterflyGirl23

sounds good! is there any particular time or anything?

Think they are there pretty much all day, I got my lunch there just before one.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭ButterflyGirl23

bombidol wrote: »

Thats a pity that you had that experience with them. I didn't find that at all, it seemed so fresh and nice though I was starving that day...

• Advertisement

Thanks for the tip off. If I'm about on a Thursday, I'll give it a go. :)
    Had really nice falafel in Rotana cafe, in Portobello recently.

So my little trip/investigation to the stall at Christchurch never happened, thanks to predictable Irish weather. Will need to wait until next week :(

However, I was walking through Temple Bar today, and noticed a new falafel shop opened up opposite The Purty Kitchen, just a few doors away from the Garage Bar. Looks like a nice little place. I'll have to go back and see how it is :)

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Thanks for the tip off. If I'm about on a Thursday, I'll give it a go. :)
    Had really nice falafel in Rotana cafe, in Portobello recently.

I had a voucher for that place before, really nice place. On the way to it though I went to 'fontana' by mistake so just got coffee and then headed on to Rotana :P
    So my little trip/investigation to the stall at Christchurch never happened, thanks to predictable Irish weather. Will need to wait until next week :(

However, I was walking through Temple Bar today, and noticed a new falafel shop opened up opposite The Purty Kitchen, just a few doors away from the Garage Bar. Looks like a nice little place. I'll have to go back and see how it is :)

next week fingers crossed.

nearly enough places for a falafel crawl now :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

...nearly enough places for a falafel crawl now :P

Porta Vita, a chipper across from the library in Rathmines does great falafel as well.

Advertisement