Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can i buy a tri-colour beach towel in dublin cty centre?

Options
  • 28-05-2012 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭

sorry if this is in wrong forum, but i couldnt think of anywhere to post it.

i checked carrols website and they have none, i did a few google searches and saw nothing except ebay and stuff when i need to buy it in a shop this week.

can anyone help? :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Euro shop.

/thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Moved from AH

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

euro shop? where is that?

and thats mod for moving to proper place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

MarkY91 wrote: »
    euro shop? where is that?

and thats mod for moving to proper place

In town.

There are tons of them around the place. Where abouts were you looking?

I'm sure the likes of penneys and dunnes are doing them in a run up to the football.

chin_grin wrote: »
    In town.

There are tons of them around the place. Where abouts were you looking?

I'm sure the likes of penneys and dunnes are doing them in a run up to the football.

i checked carrols website but im going to town on thursday and gona check pennys and stuff...i hope i find one somewhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

Have one sitting on the back seat of my car unopened! If you want to PM me your address I will send to you tomorrow.Got for free and don't really need it so all yours if you want:D

jluv wrote: »
    Have one sitting on the back seat of my car unopened! If you want to PM me your address I will send to you tomorrow.Got for free and don't really need it so all yours if you want:D

PM sent :D

Just opened it to see size. Only bout 5ftx3ft. Will still send to you. You can use as a spare if you get something better:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

the euro shops dont sell them. your best bet would be pennys or dunnes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Use a flag:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Boulevardier

I don't see why you should use the national flag to wipe sweat and sand off yourself.

Is it going to be tricolour loo-paper next?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

No they're just going to use real Euro currency.

I don't see why you should use the national flag to wipe sweat and sand off yourself.

Cause its an inanimate object and a lot softer on ones arse that say sand paper or cheap toilet roll.

I would have no issue using tricolor bog roll either.............

• Registered Users Posts: 18,992 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

frag420 wrote: »
    Use a flag:D

A flag should be burnt if it touches the ground.

In the post.You should get tomorrow or day after:)

Del2005 wrote: »
    A flag should be burnt if it touches the ground.

Says who?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

That's one of the few things I learned in Civics class in the 70s - what a big deal it was if the flag touched the ground. Odd the things you remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

sorry if this is in wrong forum, but i couldnt think of anywhere to post it.

i checked carrols website and they have none, i did a few google searches and saw nothing except ebay and stuff when i need to buy it in a shop this week.

can anyone help? :)

not sure if some Irish people would appreciate their national flag thrown on the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

Says who?

usually only the military do that. flags are only supposed to touch the ground when in churches.
    I despair at he amount of Irish who think that Ivory Coast is our flag (orange, white and green) and display it like that. then there are those colourblind folks who do not know the the difference between orange and gold.

wearing our national flag, indeed anyones national flag like a scarf or skirt is bound to cause trouble

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i saw in supervalu today that they are giving away a free ireland towel when you buy 4 proctor & gamble products

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,050 ✭✭✭OU812

Says who?

Practices to avoid

16 When displayed on a platform, the National Flag should not be used to cover the speaker's desk, nor should it be draped over the platform.

17 The National Flag should never be defaced by placing slogans, logos, lettering or pictures of any kind on it, for example at sporting events.

18 The National Flag should not be draped on cars, trains, boats or other modes of transport; it should not be carried flat, but should always be carried aloft and free, except when used to drape a coffin; on such an occasion, the green should be at the head of the coffin (Figure H).

Figure H

19 Care should be taken at all times to ensure that the National Flag does not touch the ground, trail in water or become entangled in trees or other obstacles.

Extract from regulations on use of the tricolour, unfortunately it's ill treatment is rarely policed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Fuinseog wrote: »
    usually only the military do that. flags are only supposed to touch the ground when in churches.
    I despair at he amount of Irish who think that Ivory Coast is our flag (orange, white and green) and display it like that. then there are those colourblind folks who do not know the the difference between orange and gold.

wearing our national flag, indeed anyones national flag like a scarf or skirt is bound to cause trouble

I find it far worse for people to refer to the colour as "green white and gold"

Its an ignorance of everything the flag represents.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,211 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

I use Union Jack bog roll all the time and LOVE it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I use Union Jack bog roll all the time and LOVE it!

And with that the thread was closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement