Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Payment Protection Insurance Refund

Options
  • 28-05-2012 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hello,

Just a quick question as I have about 1g left on my lone haven't be able to make payments for a while...lost my job.

Was talked in to payment protection on the lone and have never used it. Is it possible to claim it back and how do I go about it?

The lone was for 6000 and I have paid like 650 in PPI and it has never helped me when I have been in trouble. I would like to claim some if not all back and clear the lone.

Any suggestions or help would be great thanks.

Kind Regards,

Kaneda

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi Kaneda,

Thanks for your query. If you would like to make a claim under your PPI policy you'll need to contact Genworth, the PPI providers, on 061 737373.

If it's a case that you believe you have been mis-sold PPI you can log a claim by contacting your branch. You can also contact our Customer Care department directly on 1850 753 357 or in writing to:

Customer Care Unit
    Bank of Ireland
    New Century House
    Mayor Street Lower
    Dublin 1

I hope this helps.

Thanks
    Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭kaneda187

Okay, thanks for the info... interesting why BOI dont give you the number for Genworth when they send letters for missed payments or when you mention it to them on the phone.

Not very happy with this anyways, I will be moving my business else where.

Thanks again for the info, just a bit ridiculous had to post on here to find it out.:confused:

Hi

Sorry that you haven't had a good experience.

Genworth wouldn't be mentioned in the missed payment letters or over the phone in relation to missed payments as it is a separate insurance that isn't supplied by Bank of Ireland.

The contact details for Genworth and the procedure for making a claim would have been in the Policy Booklet that was sent to you when you took out the loan.

If there's anything else I can do for you just ask.

Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 3 any_tiff33

Hi Pat, i strongly believe that i have been mis sold of ppi BOI , what is the first step to make a claim? Kindly help,Many Thanks.

Hi any tiff33

Thanks for getting in touch.
    If it's a case that you believe you have been mis-sold PPI you can log a claim by contacting your branch. You can also contact our Customer Care department directly on 1850 753 357 or in writing to:

Customer Care Unit
    Bank of Ireland
    New Century House
    Mayor Street Lower
    Dublin 1

When you are writing in, please be sure to include your name, the type of product, your account number and the reason why you believe you were mis-sold PPI and Customer Care will get in touch with you.

Thanks
    Pat

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭mousehouse

Oh I can detect people jumping on the bandwagon now and lodging loads of PPI claims. Hope the admin staff are on standby to process. But when they are processing I hope they make sure to investigate fully before handing out money to people who claim on the off chance they might get some cash...

• Registered Users Posts: 12 aodhank

Yes you can.

Because BOI send them around the bend , with their blocker's on this site and their company line's.

Go here , no go back their , no go back their , Then you look on boards.ie and crist they tell you to go here.

Why dont BOI give email link's if they really want to engage ,instead of passing the buck, but the really want to help ,help what take the pi?? , again and again.

Advertisement