Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New bus eireann buses ?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Peetrik wrote: »
    Pfft, not surprised they can afford fancy new busses, have you seen their prices? In a word, extortionate.

Are you for real....?

The fares are really reasonable. They really need to clean up the kip that is the main bus terminal in Dublin though. Grim as hell that place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Are you for real....?

The fares are really reasonable. They really need to clean up the kip that is the main bus terminal in Dublin though. Grim as hell that place.

I don't think its worth replacing it. They should build a new one out on one of the M1 exits and put plenty of free parking at it. Busaras is so central they can't even have a park and ride scheme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Buses are for poor people

I'll be waving as you as you're stuck in traffic and I'm cruising by in the bus lane. Actually, I won't 'cause I'll be asleep. Enjoy the extra hour in the morning you see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Sykk wrote: »
    I'm cruising by in the bus lane. Actually, I won't 'cause I'll be asleep.

Asleep and cruising in the bus lane? You should be taken off the road!!

:p:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Sergeant wrote: »
    I'm the man behind the voice heard when the luggage doors are opened or closed.

"Stand Clear Luggage Doors Operating".

Chosen from a cast of thousands for my authoritative culchie accent.

I was on a bus that had this audio warped. It was like the batteries dying on an old walkman.

The voice was slow and downpitched, sounded just like ED-209. I couldn't stop laughing everytime we stopped and that awful audio would come on. Jesus, that bus was rough, I think it was held together with some blu-tack and hope.

Anyways, I hate buses because I'm too lanky. Feel like a sardine in a tin, the obligatory smelly man with a plastic bag full of miscellanous items like dog food and half a cabbage picked up in the middle of the countryside doesn't help matters either.

Especially when he decides to sit beside you...........................on a more or less empty bus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

Asleep and cruising in the bus lane? You should be taken off the road!!

:p:D

its ok he will be stopping at a bus stop every few hundred yards while a junkie steals his phone & wallet when he is asleep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,546 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I saw a glimpse of one of these coaches near the spire at O'Connell Street on Wednesday.

http://www.irishbuses.com/LE2BusAras3.jpg

I don't own the pic btw :)

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Captain Morgan Freeman

Sergeant wrote: »
    I'm the man behind the voice heard when the luggage doors are opened or closed.

"Stand Clear Luggage Doors Operating".

Chosen from a cast of thousands for my authoritative culchie accent.

How brilliant would it have been if they got Brian Blessed to do the voice. It would certainly make me take the bus more often. "STAND CLEAR LUGGAGE DOORS OPERATING!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

Opper........................................................................................................aetin!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Don't do buses.

They have diseases....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

I've a two hour bus journey to the north once a month and these buses are great and the wifi is perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

Greentopia wrote: »
    And you get stuck in traffic jams just as much in your 'nice comfortable car' (actually more as buses can avail of bus lanes), and while car drivers can do nothing but sit and stew in traffic...maybe listen to the radio- on a bus you can just relax and listen to your MP3, read a newspaper or book, or go on your laptop and get some work done or play a game, watch a movie, go on boards.ie...

Not to mention catch a few zees... can't do that while driving by in a car - I hope! :eek: ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I prefer trains.. cho cho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

I dont have childish complexes (or so I like to think) so I dont really care who uses what to get around!
    BUT! to contradict the statement I just made. Bus Eireann is knacker class bus travel! JJ Kavanaghs all the way.

Advertisement