Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where do you buy your petrol/diesel?[Athlone]

Options
  • 28-05-2012 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭

So with a good difference in price between some stations where do you buy your fuel? Have heard rumours of dodgy fuel being sold in the town but I've not heard any evidence of this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Stuck Cone

Dont get it off big joe joyce anyway :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

athlonelad wrote: »
    So with a good difference in price between some stations where do you buy your fuel? Have heard rumours of dodgy fuel being sold in the town but I've not heard any evidence of this.

I know a couple of fellas who are convinced diesel they got from the cheapest place in town ended up causing damage to their engines. Always surprised me how they could charge so much less than other places but could pay 2 pump attendents.

Kilroy Oil in Blyry Industrial Estate had competitive prices, as had the (Esso?) place out in Monksland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

The dodgy fuel rumour is just that, how people believe it is beyond me, when apple green opened it was there and now that this new place selling cheap fuel on the dublin road is opened you get dodgy fuel there

normally buy my fuel in topaz as i'm near there, no point wasting petrol driving across town to buy more

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

I dont know how there can be dodgy fuel going around, first thing customs will see are 2 places very near to each other selling very cheap fuel as opposed to the 2 garages in the middle, where will they do the check, i have petrol but as the story goes you get what you pay for and if i had a diesel i would pay the extra few cents and go to a big name with the knowledge that my car will be ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Get my petrol in save on the dublin road or ek fuels.

• Advertisement
Advertisement