Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hardwood deck care

• 28-05-2012 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

I have decking at the house I purchased. Its Iroko hardwood. As house was unoccupied for several years it is very sun bleached and dry looking and does not look well. Power hosed it last year and let it dry before putting 3 coats of hardwood decking oil on. Even though it looked well at the start it didn't last long and is back where I started, looking tired and dry. Did I need to do more coats, or maybe more oil? Could I use linseed oil or normal decking oil as hardwood decking oil is very very expensive. Any advice on what to do would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I don't want to jump in on your thread but I have just finished powerwashing my Softwood (pressure treated glendeck) deck and it has come up really good, cannot afford to use decking oil (it's an awful price) but would love some advice on what I can treat it with (fencelife is poxy) Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Advertisement