Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorhome Campsites

Options
  • 28-05-2012 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

H All is their any website that rates the best Motorhome camp sites in Ireland..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Bruffkid wrote: »
    H All is their any website that rates the best Motorhome camp sites in Ireland..

Hi have a look here http://www.camping-ireland.ie/ this grades the camp sites as well as links to the camp sites websites etc. (you can also order a booklet for €5.00 from this site and sent to your home)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Ildere

Have a look at this, reviews might help,

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/results.asp?region=Overseas&county=S Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

AAron Burchill from Radio 3 , has the Campsitereview.ie (or possibly .com?) site..

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Bruffkid

Thank you all for the info very very helpful cheers..

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭demoreino

Some of these magazines charge a scandalous amount of money to have your campsite or service included inside.
    It is highly unlikely that you are going to get a bad rating if you are willing to pay to keep these publications in business.
    Genuine customer reviews from websites like this are far more reliable and have influenced my decision making in the past .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 madmotors

hi any good campsites to go to for Easter i have a motorhome wife & kids thinking of westport house mayo . would it be any good . what u think?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 madmotors

hi any good campsites to go to for Easter i have a motorhome wife & kids thinking of westport house mayo . would it be any good . what u think?

Hi all i am traveling to Westport Co Mayo as my wife is doing the Sea2Summit race so i am looking for a safe place to park my motor home for Friday/Saturday as all camping site closed for the winter so can any one recommend a good safe place to park..????????
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭650Ginge

Heard people park up at the quay. Might be a bit of traffic but guess it would be safe.

cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

Bruffkid wrote: »
    Hi all i am traveling to Westport Co Mayo as my wife is doing the Sea2Summit race so i am looking for a safe place to park my motor home for Friday/Saturday as all camping site closed for the winter so can any one recommend a good safe place to park..????????
    Cheers

Some locations in and close to Westport in the Safe Nights Ireland directory - if you are a member.

Hi Benbecul97
    thanks for the reply
    I am a Member of Safe Nights Ireland but the only place in westport that allowed parking has changer owner and he has canceled tha arrangement.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭JonMac

This seems to be a useful website, lead me to choose Celtic Link to get to Europe shortly:

www.motorhomecraic.com/forum/index.php

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭demoreino

If your looking for an official campsite you will probably have to try Lough Lannagh campsite in Castlebar. Very nice site but 11 miles from Westport.
    In Westport , as already mentioned above , there is always campers parked on the quays during the summer. Plenty of room there and a nice area .
    Good luck to your wife and all the other entrants in the Sea to Summit , tough challenge .
    Kevin www.iwmotorhomes.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Castlebar12

The Lough Lannagh campsite in Castlebar is great. Great facilities and a beautiful lake beside you. Its in a kind of village with tennis courts little holiday homes and a cafe.

Advertisement