Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloom tickets

Options
  • 29-05-2012 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

This time last year there was plenty of free tickets and cheap offers knocking around. Can't seem to find any this year, anyone seen any?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Theres a few tickets in Woodies and other garden centres.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056648714

Pay for 1 adult admission and get the 2nd adult admission half price.

Kids go free too,as allways.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭woodturner

Friend them on Facebook. I won two tickets earlier today.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭dardevle

serious tightening up on concessions this year, not nearly as freely available as previous years:(

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭pepperpixie

yup i must have entered at least 15 competitions and won nothing, looks like I won't be going this year :(. Even with the buy one get one half price offers i can't afford it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

I have gotten free tickets the last 3 years and cant get any this year either so i wont be going. funny thing is the people who get free tickets spend money on food,plants, drinks. shooting themselves in the foot methinks. they can keep their festival.

on another note if you hang around just when it opens the doors its fairly easy to slip in or you could throw the guy a tenner and he will turn a blind eye. i know i would.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

ah come on now, its not a rock festival

I have gotten free tickets the last 3 years and cant get any this year either so i wont be going. funny thing is the people who get free tickets spend money on food,plants, drinks. shooting themselves in the foot methinks. they can keep their festival.

on another note if you hang around just when it opens the doors its fairly easy to slip in or you could throw the guy a tenner and he will turn a blind eye. i know i would.

Mr Negativity me thinks???:pac::D

Theres a lot of hard work that goes into organising Bloom,and its a great day out for the family,with plenty of interesting things and workshops to keep the kids interested too.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

I had seen quite a few tickets to be won on facebook/twitter the last couple of weeks so wildlifeboy if you'd bothered your arse to look instead of expecting a handout you may have gotten your precious free tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭B1gft

Its to expensive now. I come from the midlands, so when you put petrol on the cost of the tickets, with the current recession we have, its out of my reach.
    I am surprised the trade stands are not looking for Bloom to reduce their prices. (hey might be)I know the last couple of years we came home with the car full of plants. But like the others, I wont be going this year.

Ophiopogon wrote: »
    I had seen quite a few tickets to be won on facebook/twitter the last couple of weeks so wildlifeboy if you'd bothered your arse to look instead of expecting a handout you may have gotten your precious free tickets.

oooooooooh I challenge thee to handbags at dawn!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

Thanks for all the replies.

For the record, I think that even paying full price, it's really good value for a day out. I'll bring my daughter on Thursday for €13. Where else would there be so much to do and see for that price? In fact I know we'll be hard pushed to see everything in 1 day.

There's a massive amount of work in organising an event as large and complex as Bloom and they do it very well. Look at all the other (much smaller) garden festivals that tried to get going and failed.

(On the positive side, if the lack of free tickets lessens the crowds a bit, then no harm)

great to see the difference a year makes to this topic:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

oooooooooh I challenge thee to handbags at dawn!

You can bring your handbag, I'll be bringing my shovel :D

Apologies was more than a little narky this morning!

I'm just back from setting up at bloom, looks fantastic anyway so far.

was up there on Sunday and Monday myself and am always amazed at how it manages to come together in these last few days.

Bloom has cost 3 million euro so far.

Big article about it in this evenings newspaper.

Even if the fee in was 25 euro,Id still go,as its a great day out and a great event.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i know the layout is changed around a bit but its basically the same thing every year..same stalls, same trade stands etc

^^^^^^

still worth it for the free samples at the beer tent though;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Bloom is great and great for Ireland - its our "Chelsea" flower show, but without the snobbery and elitism

Much rather have it than not

any free tickets? :) ah i'd love to go. i love it there. i'll walk the perimeter and judge the defences.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭donaghs

yup i must have entered at least 15 competitions and won nothing, looks like I won't be going this year :(. Even with the buy one get one half price offers i can't afford it.

Yeh, definitely tightening up on the freebies this year. Can anyone confirm is its still possible to buy a regular ticket for €15 online? (or anywhere?). Ticketmaster seems to be quoting €20.
    Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭mrswalton

Donaghs I've just paid €36 all in for two tickets using the link from Flyguy/man? on the boards request thread. Better than 40 on the door, and no queue to pay either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭donaghs

I saw a link on a another thread/forum. Couldnt get it to work though? Just kept diverting me to normal ticketmaster site with regular prices.

How's this for an interesting pricing structure on their site?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 usemyname

Hi. I know it is short notice but I have two tickets for tomorrow if anybody wants them. I am in Dublin 16, near SuperQuinn Sc, Knocklyon.

27 Display Gardens this year at Bloom,and all the plants are "Irish" plants this year too.
    And 100 different Irish food and drinks supplier stands too.

According to TV3 this morning,when they were walking around this years Bloom.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

Had a great day out at it yesterday.
    Drizzle for the day didn't seem to be bothering anyone. Stuffed myself on free samples in the food tent. Crowds not too bad. The showgardens improve every year. I thought the selection of stalls wasn't as good as previous years but judging by the fact that the plant creche was full, others would probably disagree with that.
    Still reckon it's about the best value day out around. There's plenty of picnic benches, and places to fill up water bottles. All the demonstrations and entertainment are free once you're in. Lots for kids to do too and they come home with tons of free seeds and things.

Getting a free ticket.. NICE one..thrilled!

Had a great day out at it yesterday.
    Drizzle for the day didn't seem to be bothering anyone. Stuffed myself on free samples in the food tent. Crowds not too bad. The showgardens improve every year. I thought the selection of stalls wasn't as good as previous years but judging by the fact that the plant creche was full, others would probably disagree with that.
    Still reckon it's about the best value day out around. There's plenty of picnic benches, and places to fill up water bottles. All the demonstrations and entertainment are free once you're in. Lots for kids to do too and they come home with tons of free seeds and things.

sounds fab, been following updates on FB!

Getting a free ticket.. NICE one..thrilled!

Well done you, hope you have a great time. I've given up on any hope of going :(.

paddy147 wrote: »
    Bloom has cost 3 million euro so far.

Big article about it in this evenings newspaper.

Even if the fee in was 25 euro,Id still go,as its a great day out and a great event.

.......http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056288942

don't forget to pack your own sambo's this time:D;)

• Advertisement

dardevle wrote: »
    .......http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056288942

don't forget to pack your own sambo's this time:D;)

At least I actually went and go to it.

I see you are "avoiding" the "peat free" thread.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056587313&page=5

I wonder why?;)

Advertisement