Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloom tickets

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭dardevle

paddy147 wrote: »
    Mr Negativity me thinks???:pac::D

Theres a lot of hard work that goes into organising Bloom,and its a great day out for the family,with plenty of interesting things and workshops to keep the kids interested too.:D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056288942

quality:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

dardevle wrote: »

Did you actually go??........NO

Funny how you never ever once posted on that Bloom thread,but now you dig it up just to try and stir things.:rolleyes:

As is usual,all you do is stir things and you avoid threads that you havent got a clue about.

See the "peat free" thread for yourself.

Oh yeah,I forgot,you wont post on that peat free thread now,as you have no propper input or experience to give on the subject.

Did you actually go??

As is usual,all you do is stir things and you avoid threads that you havent got a clue about.

See the "peat free" thread for yourself.

Oh yeah,Iforgot,you wont post on that peat free thread now,as you have no propper input to give on the subject.:rolleyes:

been twice this week (already posted previously) and will be back on Monday again, thanks for asking.

stay on topic now.

been twice this week (already posted previously) and will be back on Monday again, thanks for asking.

stay on topic now.

I dont see a single picture of your visits to this years Bloom.

Take your own advice then,stop digging up old threads/posts and try to stir things up for your own amusement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

Well I've been there the last few days and everyone I've talked to seems pretty happy so far.

Haven't been to the gardens yet but have heard they look great.

Not all the plants are Irish though so don't know what TV3 are on about.

• Advertisement

I dont see a single picture of your visits to this years Bloom.

Take your own advice then,stop digging up old threads/posts and try to stir things up for your own amusement.

pics? gtfo!

:cool:

lets be clear on this matter......you made a fool of yourself in another thread earlier this week and while still feeling sore about it - rather than man up and apologise you decided to try and stir it up further by digging up another thread -now normally i will not stand to be bullied on an internet gardening forum and am usually quite happy to go along with whatever tactics, you think will even up some sort of imaginary score you are obviously keeping, unfortunately it detracts from the foum and for other users, so while i have enjoyed my time contributing here, i think its time to bow out and let you run the show as you see fit...just try not to take every single post that disagrees with your viewpoint so seriously.....ITS ONLY A GARDENING FORUM !

Lads would you ever block each other and be done with it....this is getting bloody boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

Mods feel free to lock this thread as it's been dragged completely off topic.

now normally i will not stand to be bullied on an internet gardening forum and am usually quite happy to go along with whatever tactics, you think will even up some sort of imaginary score you are obviously keeping,

Who is bullying you here?:confused:

You are quick to dish it out,but now you complain and cry because you cant take it.Now you are making up false allegations here about you being bullied.Wise up man.

If you cant take it,then dont dish it out in the 1st place.;)

Oh and who purposely went off topic so start all of this??.......YOU.:rolleyes: (look at your own posts 1st).

Yeah it is a gardening forum,but you want to keep up this carry on of dragging up old threads from a year ago,just to sh!t stir and amuse yourself

By the way....is this your thread??

NO its not,so dont drag up old threads for your own sad little bit of amusement and cause problems.

Instead,come on over onto the "Peat Free" thread and have a chat there instead.You havent posted there on that thread in a while now,for some strange reason.;)

Then you can give your "expert" opinion on all matters relating to peat free compost.

Regards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Ophiopogon wrote: »
    Well I've been there the last few days and everyone I've talked to seems pretty happy so far.

Haven't been to the gardens yet but have heard they look great.

Not all the plants are Irish though so don't know what TV3 are on about.

Never are, I had a friend that worked in an Irish Horticulture plants company as a buyer and apart from the high volume bog standard house plants/garden most were imports from Holland or Denmark(roses)

• Advertisement

Myself and my girlfriend spoke to an important person in the wholesale gardening/plant supply trade today,regarding plants in this country.

Alot of the plants are grown in Holland and brought over here for supplying the Irish market.

Reason (according to him) is to do with QC and disease control standards.

Anyone see the Programme on RTE this evening,about Bloom this year and the various show gardens??

The winner of "Supergarden" won a gold medal in her category.
    She looked completely stunned when she was awarded the gold......(21 minutes 56 seconds into the programme below).

Link to Bloom Programme........

http://www.rte.ie/player/#!v=3305449

Myself and my girlfriend spoke to an important person in the wholesale gardening/plant supply trade today,regarding plants in this country.

Alot of the plants are grown in Holland and brought over here for supplying the Irish market.

Reason (according to him) is to do with QC and disease control standards.

LOL Price was never mentioned???

Quite a few diseases were imported into this country in nursery stock.

LOL Price was never mentioned???

Quite a few diseases were imported into this country in nursery stock.

Actually that too (price),as he buys in very large volumes of plants on a weekly basis.

He rekons from surveying the International Market on a regular basis that "Irish Suppliers" are just not up there on all counts....yet.

Actually that too (price),as he buys in very large volumes of plants on a weekly basis.

He rekons from surveying the International Market on a regular basis that "Irish Suppliers" are just not up there on all counts....yet.

Never will be, only in niche plants. Economies of scale in Holland just wipe out the competition and unless you have a spare 30-40 million euros in your back pocket to build the glasshouses and packhouse plus find a cheap heat source in Ireland...... it be never.

Never will be, only in niche plants. Economies of scale in Holland just wipe out the competition and unless you have a spare 30-40 million euros in your back pocket to build the glasshouses and packhouse plus find a cheap heat source in Ireland...... it be never.

Yep,such a shame though.:(

Well there are some Irish growers there with more then just bedding. They just do it on a smaller scale.

Support Irish where possible IMO anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

Anyone see the Programme on RTE this evening,about Bloom this year and the various show gardens??

The winner of "Supergarden" won a gold medal in her category.
    She looked completely stunned when she was awarded the gold......(21 minutes 56 seconds into the programme below).

Link to Bloom Programme........

http://www.rte.ie/player/#!v=3305449

I didn't watch Supergarden but happened to be looking at the garden when it's designer was there. It was amazing the reaction she was getting from the crowd. Everyone saying how they were hoping she won and asking about the rabbits! She seemed shocked by all the praise and attention and came across very well.

I didn't watch Supergarden but happened to be looking at the garden when it's designer was there. It was amazing the reaction she was getting from the crowd. Everyone saying how they were hoping she won and asking about the rabbits! She seemed shocked by all the praise and attention and came across very well.

Glad to see she won and great reaction to her garden.

For me,her garden was indeed the best "supergarden" from this years programme.Great to see she won at Bloom too..:)

Ophiopogon wrote: »
    Well there are some Irish growers there with more then just bedding. They just do it on a smaller scale.

Support Irish where possible IMO anyway.

+1 for that.

I love Mount Venus Nurseries,allways have lovely "own grown" plants and flowers.:)

• Advertisement

Apparently the rabbits got out last night, could have done some real damage if were not discovered in time!!

We went to Bloom today.Rain didnt put us off.

See my thread,with lots of pictures.:)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056658900

If you have not gone to Bloom yet,then get your backsides over there by Monday afternoon.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

what are the Qs like this year??

Any food hall this year?

fryup wrote: »
    what are the Qs like this year??

It was raining when we got there,so no ques to speak of.:)

Carpark was very full and its going to be a nightmare tomorrow and Monday with all the heavy rain that falling at the moment.

Giant mudbath anyone??:D

Any food hall this year?

Its down on the Bloom site map (Green Zone) as a "Food Village".....

Im not sure though,as we didnt really go on the freebie food and drink hunt.

Spent most of our time looking at the show gardens,playing in the playground with our daughter (even in the rain) and talking with some friends of ours who work on and maintain the walled kitchen gardens.:)

Then we wandered through the indoor traders area and bought several different plants and flowers.

Had great fun trying to get 2 x 6 foot tall plants into the car,without snapping them in half.:pac::D

Advertisement