Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I just came out to someone on Facebook!

• 29-05-2012 12:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭

Sent off a PM after a solid 5 minutes of staring and the reply button.
    This the first time I've done it sober without half a litre of vodka to give me courage.
    Honestly I still have my heart in my mouth. Wouldn't have thought it would be so hard.
    Waiting on the reply now. ****tin a brick!:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

1ZRed wrote: »
    This the first time I've done it sober without half a litre of vodka to give me courage.
    Honestly I still have my heart in my mouth. Wouldn't have thought it would be so hard.

Fair play. Hope it goes well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Okay... Mmm, well done???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 ClosedAccount

Fair play man :)

...shur if he/she says no just say it was a mate messing :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭teddy b123

Friend is typing....
    Friend has entered text...
    Friend is typing....
    Friend is typing....
    Friend is typing....
    Friend: OK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Supplies

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

IZRed has changed their relationship status to gay.

No more awkward messages.....well after the initial confusion and lol's at you being fraped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Shiittin a prick!:(

Fixed.

Well done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭some random drunk

Fair play to ya! And if it doesn't work out, just tell them you were fraped by some random drunk.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 ClosedAccount

Fair play to ya! And if it doesn't work out, just tell them you were fraped by some random drunk.

I see what you did there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

With all the floppy haired, skinny jeans wearing metrosexuals about these days, I'd imagine that parents are probably more surprised to find out that their kids aren't gay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Table Top Joe

Good for you,life's too short to be hiding such an important part of yourself,hope it works out for ya Edit(the PM,not just the gayness in general!)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Did your friend ask if you were gay? Well done anyway and if they can't accept it you're not losing a friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

in my mouth. Wouldn't have thought it would be so hard.
    just saw this bit. Sniggered.

But seriously... ahem... all the best with it dude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Dudess wrote: »
    just saw this bit. Sniggered.

But seriously... ahem... all the best with it dude.

Haha I often leave myself open to a lot of abuse unintentionally:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Coming out can be terrifying. There's still some people in my life im not out to. But hang in there, because it gets easier. :) *hugs*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

With all the floppy haired, skinny jeans wearing metrosexuals about these days, I'd imagine that parents are probably more surprised to find out that their kids aren't gay.

Bootcut jeans, GAA jerseys and a tendency to predominantly only 'hang around with the lads' always was the ideal facade to sidestep that whole gay thing, I suppose:pac:

Thanks for the support guys.
    It's really helping to put my mind at ease. I hope it all goes smoothly:)

I came out expecting a mixed result but it all went really well! She was really shocked but was completely fine with it as long as I was happy.
    Had a bit of a drunken heart to heart even though I said I'm off the drink:o Ah well I guess I'm back on the wagon again!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I read the title as "I just came on to someone on Facebook" and was wondering what the big deal was

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

I came out expecting a mixed result but it all went really well! She was really shocked but was completely fine with it as long as I was happy.
    Had a bit of a drunken heart to heart even though I said I'm off the drink:o Ah well I guess I'm back on the wagon again!;)

Off the wagon or are you talking about yer one ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

yay good for you :D glad it went well
    i remember when i start telling people it was terrifying, now it's a easy as telling people your eye colour

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Well done 1ZRed :D

Fair play dude :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

Any reply yet?

Dean820 wrote: »
    Any reply yet?

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Well done dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

Does this mean I can have one of my sexy parties?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Well done lad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Best of luck. I'd say you were brave but I think the real bravery is from you putting this in after hours.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Thanks for the support guys.
    It's really helping to put my mind at ease. I hope it all goes smoothly:)

It takes a lot of courage to do what you did.

But in the long run, you'll be gald you did it.

Manchester United need all the support they can get now. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Come in out of that, fo chri'sake or you'll catch somethin.

Where's yore jacket at least..

• Site Banned Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Lionel Messy

Is this one of the threads where political incorectness is unacceptable in? **** it, i'll jump on the bandwagon too! Well done, OP!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Well done, apparently that is one of the most hardest things to do!

Chin up!

• Site Banned Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Lionel Messy

Facekicker would be turning in his grave if he ever saw this. This is a wannabe legendary thread and people have took the bait. Facekicker would be turning in his grave and his coffin would be kicking him in the face.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

So if you leave your facebook on and a friend is around dose that mean they should update your status to say your straight and love lady parts?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

Why did you do it on facebook?

Doc wrote: »
    So if you leave your facebook on and a friend is around dose that mean they should update your status to say your straight and love lady parts?

But but but, maybe they're gay and like lady parts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

lyk if u cryd

Sykk wrote: »
    lyk if u cryd

I cried looking at your spelling.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I cried at his grammar, it should say

"lyk dis if u cryd"

Just to make sure that people know exactly what they're supposed to lyk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Haha I often leave myself open to a lot of abuse unintentionally:o

Felching? Or the ol' guinea pig trick?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

So the last one worked out.
    TIME TO SPIN THE WHEEL AGAIN!
    Pick someone else and do it again!
    I got odds of 3-2 that the person will be all like, "K, and?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,520 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

But but but, maybe they're gay and like lady parts!

This is getting so complicated, too many variables.

Is this one of the threads where political incorectness is unacceptable in? **** it, i'll jump on the bandwagon too! Well done, OP!
    Yeah offering encouragement to someone whose nerves are in shreds - down with that sort of thing! :pac:

I'm not gay, so i have no idea how "coming out" feels, but when you tell somebody, and they respond along the lines of "well yeah I knew that", is there a sense of anti-climax, particularly if its something you've been waiting to do for quite a while?

I'd assume relief would be the one rather than anti climax. I know when my pal came out years ago the reaction was "Tell us something we don't know" and he was just so happy... if a bit surprised. He actually thought he had pulled off the straight guy (yeah yeah :pac:) act convincingly bless 'im. :D

I'm not gay, so i have no idea how "coming out" feels, but when you tell somebody, and they respond along the lines of "well yeah I knew that", is there a sense of anti-climax, particularly if its something you've been waiting to do for quite a while?

That's only happened to me once. She said she knew for a while because I wasn't acting myself for a year or two- I just wouldn't open up to anyone about serious things like I used to.
    The rest, even the lads were in pure shock and kept saying "I wouldn't think you're gay, you don't seem gay!".
    Tbh though, the fact that she had her suspicions kind of was like an anti climax in a way but more than anything, it made me a bit paranoid as to what gave it away:p

I'm really happy it's all going well for me so far. Honestly I don't know why I psyched myself up so much:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 thorny.rose

That is nothing.

Last year I met man through online dating. A real charmer he was. Between one thing or another and only after a very short while, we jumped into a hotel room and yadeyadeya.

Afterwards, a week or so later. He lied to me and it took a while to come to light. He betrayed my trust and he never rectified it nor did he care. So lying to me after he got what he wanted - using and abusing me. He tried to pass it off onto me as if it was all in my head.

He could have just left it after our night together but he stepped it up a notch and ****ed with my head.

All that crap had an impact on my mind. I felt so used and awful.

Through google and facebook I found his real name and his wife too. Anyways fake facebook account set up with a fake email and I messaged his wife. Told her that he was on an online dating site and gave her his username. Nothing else.

It was just done and I went WTF did I do that for. And I ended up deleting that facebook account. I don't know if it was deleted quick enough before she read it. Facebook has a two week thing.

I highly suspect that she did get the message. I don't know if he knows that she knows. He is still online having the craic on the forums so his wife is clearly not digging into him and if she is he is not displaying it.

I'm coming to some sort of peace with what I did by thinking that what happened to me probably wasn't a once off and he's probably doing the same to others and it could be anyone that outed him.

Edit: I read your op wrong. I thought you asked someone out on facebook but no you are gay and came out.

I hope it goes well for you and sending good wishes. Gay people in this country and indeed the LGBT are treated rotten in so many ways ignorance from people mainly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

That is nothing.

Last year I met man through online dating. A real charmer he was. Between one thing or another and only after a very short while, we jumped into a hotel room and yadeyadeya.

Afterwards, a week or so later. He lied to me and it took a while to come to light. He betrayed my trust and he never rectified it nor did he care. So lying to me after he got what he wanted - using and abusing me. He tried to pass it off onto me as if it was all in my head.

He could have just left it after our night together but he stepped it up a notch and ****ed with my head.

All that crap had an impact on my mind. I felt so used and awful.

Through google and facebook I found his real name and his wife too. Anyways fake facebook account set up with a fake email and I messaged his wife. Told her that he was on an online dating site and gave her his username. Nothing else.

It was just done and I went WTF did I do that for. And I ended up deleting that facebook account. I don't know if it was deleted quick enough before she read it. Facebook has a two week thing.

I highly suspect that she did get the message. I don't know if he knows that she knows. He is still online having the craic on the forums so his wife is clearly not digging into him and if she is he is not displaying it.

I'm coming to some sort of peace with what I did by thinking that what happened to me probably wasn't a once off and he's probably doing the same to others and it could be anyone that outed him.

Edit: I read your op wrong. I thought you asked someone out on facebook but no you are gay and came out.

I hope it goes well for you and sending good wishes. Gay people in this country and indeed the LGBT are treated rotten in so many ways ignorance from people mainly.

:pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement