Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I just came out to someone on Facebook!

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

That is nothing.

Last year I met man through online dating. A real charmer he was. Between one thing or another and only after a very short while, we jumped into a hotel room and yadeyadeya.

blah blah.

http://theatozofdating.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/bunnyboiler-thumb-420x315.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

That is nothing.

Last year I met man through online dating. A real charmer he was. Between one thing or another and only after a very short while, we jumped into a hotel room and yadeyadeya.

Afterwards, a week or so later. He lied to me and it took a while to come to light. He betrayed my trust and he never rectified it nor did he care. So lying to me after he got what he wanted - using and abusing me. He tried to pass it off onto me as if it was all in my head.

He could have just left it after our night together but he stepped it up a notch and ****ed with my head.

All that crap had an impact on my mind. I felt so used and awful.

Through google and facebook I found his real name and his wife too. Anyways fake facebook account set up with a fake email and I messaged his wife. Told her that he was on an online dating site and gave her his username. Nothing else.

It was just done and I went WTF did I do that for. And I ended up deleting that facebook account. I don't know if it was deleted quick enough before she read it. Facebook has a two week thing.

I highly suspect that she did get the message. I don't know if he knows that she knows. He is still online having the craic on the forums so his wife is clearly not digging into him and if she is he is not displaying it.

I'm coming to some sort of peace with what I did by thinking that what happened to me probably wasn't a once off and he's probably doing the same to others and it could be anyone that outed him.

Edit: I read your op wrong. I thought you asked someone out on facebook but no you are gay and came out.

I hope it goes well for you and sending good wishes. Gay people in this country and indeed the LGBT are treated rotten in so many ways ignorance from people mainly.

WHy would you not tell his wife?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Honestly if someone came out to me on facebook I'd assume it was one of their friends messing with their account :P

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭southcentralts

Fu*k it, if you cannot embrace who you are in this life....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Fu*k it, if you cannot embrace who you are in this life....

...what happens??

Advertisement