Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent negotiable?

Options
  • 29-05-2012 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Are the rent price we see on daft negotiable or there is very little scope for negotiation.Can we assume non negotiable rental prices realistic?
    Trying to find a rental property in north dublin, opinions will help me decide.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

maskabun wrote: »
    Are the rent price we see on daft negotiable or there is very little scope for negotiation.Can we assume non negotiable rental prices realistic?
    Trying to find a rental property in north dublin, opinions will help me decide.

You can try to negotiate. Some if not most landlords would be desperate to fill there property so might take a 10%-15% hit on there prices. If you don't ask then you will never know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭paul71

About a year ago I was in the happy position of leaving the property I was renting and having a very flexible landlord who was content to be very flexible on the date we vacated. As a result I was able to shop arround on Daft. I looked at quite a few places and the ones I was interested in I made offers of 80% of the rent advertised, in some cases I was dismissed out of hand but left my phone number with them. In other cases I was offered 10% and I refused. We eventually rented a house I am extremly happy with for 1200 pm which was advertised at 1350 pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

It depends on the apartment and how popular it is; Ive looked at places where there was literally a queue of people outside waiting for a viewing so there is no chance whatsoever of getting anything off the asking price. However there is no harm at all in asking; with my last two places I got €50 a month knocked off the asking price.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

If you're there for the full term and paying a deposit you could ask for 5-10% less and see how it goes. If it has been listed for months its definitely worth a shot.

Advertisement