Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To what extent did the 1932 Eucharistic congress and/ or the language and education p

• 29-05-2012 12:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

My points so far
    *Background of the catholic chuch and ireland, the support the catholic church gave the irish durning british times
    .education
    .healthcare
    .help reading and writing
    *infulence they had
    .the excution of the two men in 1921, the only time they were not listened to
    *lose of language, the irish need a new form of idenity
    *eucharistic congress
    . Caused excitment especially within the poor
    . Got great reviews which showed the power
    And finally I mentioned a bit on education
    . Education act of 1926
    . It make irish teenager withdraw from the language because it was compluary
    . Schools that spoke irish received bigger grantz and received more leaving cert point.

That only surprisingly filled on an A4 paper back to fornt .... am I missing something

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 XEmeraldeyesX

My points so far
    *Background of the catholic chuch and ireland, the support the catholic church gave the irish durning british times
    .education
    .healthcare
    *infulence they had
    *eucharistic congress
    . Education act of 1926
    . Schools that spoke irish received bigger grantz and received more leaving cert point.

That only surprisingly filled on an A4 paper back to fornt .... am I missing something
    I have previously completed this essay and I would strongly recommend that you focus at least 2 A4 pages on the congress itself !! Background the events and then the importance !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭EducationFinder

My points so far
    .education
    .healthcare
    *infulence they had
    *eucharistic congress
    . Education act of 1926

I have previously completed this essay and I would strongly recommend that you focus at least 2 A4 pages on the congress itself !! Background the events and then the importance !!!

Any points am missing in the background cause I covered everything, but I will redo the essay in the morning and come back to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

I'm not sure if some of that is relevant. It asked to what extent was the Congress influential, not the Catholic church as a whole, and in 1921 the Congress probably wasnt decided to be held here or anything. Maybe you could examine its influence then other influences and conclude that it did have a large influence, but not the largest :)

Advertisement