Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Receipt

Options
  • 29-05-2012 8:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

Had a guy at house yersterday. He installed a free to air tv satellite system that will not require bills. It was agreed verbaly that it was to repalce the sky plus system ie. the free to air would record/pause/live tv etc.could look at one station /record another.

discovered that the system he installed was free to air ...but hadnt the funtionality that he said it would. He said he thought it did , but he would have to make a phone call - he tells me no it cant do as I wanted!

6 hours later ...box freezes ..doesnt work. Unfortunatley I paid him full amount as he said he would replace the box subsequently.

Where do i stand now as regards receipt? and getting job to the spec ?
    thks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

How did you find him, or did he call door to door?

Pretty sh|t that he doesn't know what the product that he is selling does, but I'm not surprised; most cowboys tend to be fairly bad.

How much did you pay, and was he a business? If he was, maybe look at the Small Court Claims route.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭minder2009

ya i think it would be covered by small claims ok.....

he advertised has website etc

appears to be the business!!

Was very specific abouit what I wanted on phone to him ....went over it a few times , asked him did he understand etc...

I was on again to him this a.m. , he says he has none in stock of the one i wanted.

He disagreed early this morning on phone that he was going to put in the particular model that I wanted , however he advertises this same model on his website ..for same price (in fact he charged me 10 euro extra over phoine) thats includes installation etc!

When i said that he then says well maybe he did agree to do it with that particular model of reciever.

He put in a lower sepc model thats where the problem lies...

Basically he thought that would do the same job i.e. allow you to watch TV whilst recording on another channel....it transpired that it didnt allow that.....I discovered this playing around with the remote to familiar myself with it...I said it to him and he then said he was sure it did , he would have to make a phone call to find out.......!

If it had happened to have this facility on it , I would have been none the wiser and he would have profited that bit more! You really have to be careful.

He has today (tue) agreed to replace the reciever he put in with the one I initailly agreed he would fit...and he promises it will be done by FRI.

TIme will tell ...going straight for small claims court FRI afternoon if he doesnt.
    any advice appreciated..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

You might want to print a copy of the page on his website for your own records.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭minder2009

thks a mill! just printed his home page now.

That would be an awful loss on the day in court!!

half proves my case before I start

Advertisement