Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donuts!

Options
  • 29-05-2012 9:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭splashthecash

I was in madrid for the weekend and they had Dunkin' Donuts over there and their donuts are ace - I know there are no Dunkin' Donuts over here but is there anywhere I could get a nice glazed donut in Dublin City Centre???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭sinead81

Not so much glazed, but the little kiosk on O'Connell Street sells the freshest donuts around. YUM

Wish Dunkin would come over here, everytime I fly to NY, that is my first stop!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Anytime I go to England I always get a few Krispy Kreme - they are really nice too!

sinead81 wrote: »
    Not so much glazed, but the little kiosk on O'Connell Street sells the freshest donuts around. YUM

Wish Dunkin would come over here, everytime I fly to NY, that is my first stop!!!!

They came here a long time ago and left again
    they were very nice indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

I'd bring the franchise back to Ireland if I had the money right now. Aside from the fact they're awesome, the way they've changed their business model in the States into an on-the-go office/working persons stop is very astute indeed. Stick one in or around any of the transit hubs or somewhere like the IFSC in the City Centre and you'd do quite well for yourself I'd imagine.

I have a list of about 10 worldwide franchises that would eat up market share here that are not yet here.

Feel free to PM venture capitalists :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 363 ✭✭FishBowel

bluewolf wrote: »
    They came here a long time ago and left again
    they were very nice indeed
    Still remember the day they opened here circa 1990!

• Advertisement

Don't know about the city but Esso on the run do nice donuts [or certainly used to] the nearest one would be Sandford Road in Ranelagh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

Anyone know why Dunkin Donuts left?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 363 ✭✭FishBowel

Probably too expensive to rent space in the city centre. Also, badly run and unclean with lots of rubbish on tables. Their doghnuts were the kind you could only eat one without feeling ill.

Advertisement