Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy alarm, DIYer

Options
  • 29-05-2012 9:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭

I've installed a few alarms with/for family and friends in the nineties and got them from Best Alarms on the Sundrive Rd. in Dublin, recently we renovated our house and in the process wired it for an alarm, so i thought I could just go out and buy the bits and pieces. Best Alarrms are gone, Aritech is now HKC and don't sell to the public, most places I've rung just said that they will install.

Where can I go to buy a panel (siemens maybe), SAB, PIR and all the other stuff that I need that I won't be charged an arm and a leg for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

IGT, Lucan,Co Dublin 01-6283596, they sell the siemens kit
    There's a sticky at the top of the forum with a comprehensive list

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭mustang68

Thanks, just rung them, they seem like a nice crowd. I did look at the sticky, and I've rung a few of them in the past, but I've found it difficult to identify somewhere that doesn't just sell to trade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

HKC won't sell to the public.. But electrical whole salers stock their panels ... I'm sure if you got in contact with one of the Lads on the home security forum they'd be more then happy to supply one

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

mustang68 wrote: »
    Aritech is now HKC and don't sell to the public,
    Presume you mean Astec not Aritech.
    Here is the suppliers sticky.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055956748

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

I've installed a few alarms with/for family and friends in the nineties and got them from Best Alarms on the Sundrive Rd. in Dublin, recently we renovated our house and in the process wired it for an alarm, so i thought I could just go out and buy the bits and pieces. Best Alarrms are gone, Aritech is now HKC and don't sell to the public, most places I've rung just said that they will install.

Where can I go to buy a panel (siemens maybe), SAB, PIR and all the other stuff that I need that I won't be charged an arm and a leg for?

None of the manufacturers sell to the public.
    You can buy any system in any of the suppliers who sell there equipment here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Thanks, just rung them, they seem like a nice crowd. I did look at the sticky, and I've rung a few of them in the past, but I've found it difficult to identify somewhere that doesn't just sell to trade.
    There sound lads, tell them I sent you

Advertisement