Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY repairs

• 29-05-2012 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

Looking for ideas to go about a couple of jobs..

1st one is the plaster board loose at the corner of wall, i was thinking of trying to glue it and wedge something up against it untill dry, then paint.

2nd one is grouting in bathroom, the grouting is cracked along the skirting board, also gone off colour, the wall grout for tiles in the shower also have same problem. We did use grouting paint i think it was called before, maby there are better solutions?

DSC07558.JPG

DSC07561.JPG

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

1) A couple of plaster board screws if there is a batton behind the plaster board.

2)Scrape off the loose grout and apply a bead of white outdoor grade silicone sealant.Wall tiles in the shower needs re grouting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭650gs

The plaster slab is not loose it just been taped and there on the corner the steel has come away from the paper, get a tube of tec 7 and stick it if you get white you can seal the shower too and just scrape out the old grout and re do it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 231 ✭✭jaspertheghost

blueyedson wrote: »
    Looking for ideas to go about a couple of jobs..

1st one is the plaster board loose at the corner of wall, i was thinking of trying to glue it and wedge something up against it untill dry, then paint.

2nd one is grouting in bathroom, the grouting is cracked along the skirting board, also gone off colour, the wall grout for tiles in the shower also have same problem. We did use grouting paint i think it was called before, maby there are better solutions?

DSC07558.JPG

DSC07561.JPG

thats not plasterboard its a metal bead,tap it bk into shape and put a slab nail in it,fill the cracked plaster with filler, the grout,scrape out the cracked grout and replace it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭650gs

Its not a mesh corner bead its a paper bead used when walls are just taped if you try to put a nail or screw through you will knock off the corner you need to stick that and pach it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 231 ✭✭jaspertheghost

looks like a stop bead to me, is that a windowsill or is it a doorway?

• Advertisement
Advertisement