Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FUJIFILM S3200 Screen Fault

Options
  • 29-05-2012 9:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭

Hey All, have this camera FUJIFILM S3200, bought from Pixmania in late OCT 2011 so still in warranty, now we all know PIXmania will be a dead loss to try get this fixed, its a problem with the LCD screen a 7/8mm wide white strip down the left side of the screen, I see from searching Fuji have a repair centre in Ireland , was under the impression my warranty should be covered by them am I correct in that thinking??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭chopsey

handiest thing to do would be to ring them up, chances are they will advise you as to whether you should send it back to Pixmania or send it in to them, check the pixmania mails fromt he purchase there is usually a period when they will accept returns and then the warranty switches over to the manufacturer.

call fuji for a start and ask them, cant harm

• Registered Users Posts: 24,089 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I think that I would use Fujifilm in this case, all they'd need is proof of purchase for the warranty aspect.

http://www.fujifilm.eu/ie/support/consumer-products/digital-cameras/repair-centre-ireland/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭BobMc

I'm hoping fuji will look at it, we all know what will happen if I send it to pixmania !

BobMc wrote: »
    I'm hoping fuji will look at it, we all know what will happen if I send it to pixmania !

There's no reason why they shouldn't.

If it was way outside any warranty period, or the damage was self-inflicted, I think they charge a fixed sum of €150 to carry out a repair. The zoom function didn't work on my wife's Fuji, which was about three years old, and it was cheaper to buy a new camera than have a repair done.

ejmaztec wrote: »
    There's no reason why they shouldn't.

If it was way outside any warranty period, or the damage was self-inflicted, I think they charge a fixed sum of €150 to carry out a repair. The zoom function didn't work on my wife's Fuji, which was about three years old, and it was cheaper to buy a new camera than have a repair done.
    I agree with you, it would be in the bin if outside the warranty, and its not been abused, screen just started with this white band all of a sudden hardly been used since I got it, I'll see how I get on I'll bring it with me to work and give them a call and let you know how I get on

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Op

You still have a warranty on that camera,you should ask NCA for an advice,my take on the subject is that if tried to rectify the situation with Pixmania without any reply from them,
    The next step should be small claims court.

Try getting in touch with Pixmania first.

Jarren wrote: »
    Op

You still have a warranty on that camera,you should ask NCA for an advice,my take on the subject is that if tried to rectify the situation with Pixmania without any reply from them,
    The next step should be small claims court.

Try getting in touch with Pixmania first.
    I dont want to be rude but you are aware of Pixmanias reputation on such maters, as long as fuji irl. can help under warranty I'd be mighty pleased without the hassle of a Pixmania dog fight

You are not rude:)

Let us know how you got on with FUji anyway.

Even if Pixmania were the most efficient :pac:online retailer on the planet, the turn-around time of getting the camera back would be a lot more than dealing with Fujifilm direct.

I don't think that anyone's consumer rights are affected by going down the direct route, it just saves time.

In this case no

We can come to an agreement to say that Pixmania are not most of the efficient companies out there, having said that I would always try to get in touch with a retailer/online company who sold me any goods first before contacting a manufacturer.

• Advertisement

Being shipped upto fuji today, will report back !

Returned, fully repaired and under a warranty repair, Well Done to Fuji Ireland great service

BobMc wrote: »
    Returned, fully repaired and under a warranty repair, Well Done to Fuji Ireland great service

You can take lots of rain-filled summer photos now.:(

Advertisement