Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ex-pat moving back to USA with irish spouse

Options
  • 29-05-2012 9:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi, I've been living here in Ireland for 5+ years, married to an Irish woman for 4 years. We are planning on moving to USA -anyone know how to get a visa for my Irish wife? I realize that there were recent changes to jurisdiction. Wondering what the costs would be and how long it would take too?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Hi,
    we did similar a few years ago. Yes, things have changed in that now, you will need to send the I-130 petition (for the IR-1 spousal visa) to the Chicago Lockbox rather than directly to the US embassy in Ireland, but other than that, not much has changed. Your petition will be fast-tracked in the USA because you, the US citizen petitioner, live abroad. Count on 3-4 months from filing to interview, she then has 6 months to use the visa.

The whole process will cost somewhere around 1000 euro, between filing fees, visa fee, medical etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 BHeadie

Thanks Silja

Advertisement