Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The recession & cryogenic freezing

• 29-05-2012 9:43am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭

These years of hardship are dragging on & on, I thought in 2008 it would be all over in 2 or 3 years but there are no signs of a recovery.
    The thought of austerity budgets for the next 3 years is really depressing, I'd love to be cryogenically frozen until this whole thing blows over.

If this were possible, what year would I be setting my dial for to be woken up ?.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Jeez, you'd swear we were back to ploughing the land. Stop whining.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

2278!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

We should cryogenically freeze Brian Cowen and wake him every 5 years to give him a good kicking. That way future generations will be able to take their anger out too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

That's a bit goofy but oh boy oh boy oh boy would it be nice!

I can't decide on what year I'd wanna wake up though - aw, phooey!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭a fat guy

Set it for tomorrow.

Maybe then you'll wake up on the right side of the cryogenic freezer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

I can see this decade being like the 1930s. This century's Great Depression so another 8 or so years yet :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,676 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Insert Demolition Man quote here.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

You'd have to go the whole Futurama hog and set it for 1000 years. I honestly think if given this opportunity I'd go for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Set it for 49 years
    Its cost less then 50 years

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

Rabidlamb wrote: »
    These years of hardship are dragging on & on, I thought in 2008 it would be all over in 2 or 3 years but there are no signs of a recovery.
    The thought of austerity budgets for the next 3 years is really depressing, I'd love to be cryogenically frozen until this whole thing blows over.

If this were possible, what year would I be setting my dial for to be woken up ?.

but the austerity would cut funding for your cryogenic freezing... you'd be thawed out next budget

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Jester252 wrote: »
    Set it for 49 years
    Set it for tomorrow and tell them nothing changed!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

Set it for 49 years

Might drop me in the great depression of 2051, apparently the fiscal treaty didn't work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Set it for 49 years
    Rabidlamb wrote: »
    Might drop me in the great depression of 2051, apparently the fiscal treaty didn't work.

With maths skills like yours no wonder Irish people are so bad with money.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

With maths skills like yours no wonder Irish people are so bad with money.

Ah, forgot to carry the one, it's alright, I'm an engineer, sure what would I need maths for anyway.

Advertisement