Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mac Mail and Attachments

• 29-05-2012 9:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

The people I am sending attachments to using Apple Mail are not receiving them? I have ticked 'Always send windows friendly attahcements' and "Always insert attachments at end of mail' - is there anything else I need to do??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

What are you attaching? If the files are executable or too large then the recipient is very likely not going to receive it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

The attachments are jpegs, generally under a meg in size? The mails are getting through, do you suspect the attachments are getting stripped out by the mail server or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

What about just testing yourself and sending one to a gmail account and see how it shows on there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

Mac Mail seems to embed image files, so if the person on the other end has their client set to not autoload images then they won't display.

I used to have this installed to get around it. Have a look
    http://lokiware.info/Attachment-Tamer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

When I send them to my own gmail / yahoo / other accounts they are coming through fine.

Will try that lokiware software, thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Liameter

The people I am sending attachments to using Apple Mail are not receiving them? I have ticked 'Always send windows friendly attahcements' and "Always insert attachments at end of mail' - is there anything else I need to do??

Yes, stop sending huge attachments. 100k is the reasonable maximum. Use a service such as Dropbox instead. Easy to use and doesn't fill the recipient's inbox or use his bandwidth without permission. Uploading a zipped file uses significantly less bandwidth than "attaching" it to an email, where it has to be converted to ASCII and embedded in the message. Emails with attachments are at risk of being rejected or corrupted.

Advertisement