Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dog in China follows Cyclists for 1000 miles

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Did the dog fall down at his door at the end?

ah that's sweet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,386 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

Meanwhile, a cat that also got thrown a bone licked itself and fell asleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Nice story :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Ya see, if that was a cat it would have just stolen their bikes.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

Human beings have nothing at all to brag about when it comes to psychical prowess .The Animal World leaves us way very far behind .Sports is an Industry keeping alive the illusion that we psychically the puniest creatures in existence have something to boast about . The Human Intellect wins over the Animal's every time but there the superiority ends .Ounce for ounce the ordinary domestic cat and dog beats us every time .The Animal world would laugh at the London Olympics if it could see and understand the ridiculous spectacle .The above video is only one example out of many that shows the proof of a fact many would rather ignore .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

^^ ahem nurse, 'could we UP the dosage on paddyandy, please, thanks' :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Isn't that 7000 in dog miles?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

ah that's just the cutest story I've heard in a while

linkie
    "There was one day when we climbed the 14,700ft-tall peak of Anjiala mountain," he said.

"We did more than 40 miles uphill and at the end I had to get off my bike and push. The dog ran ahead of me and stopped at a crossroads.

"She waited for a while, but got bored because I took so long, so ran back, put her paws on my calves, and started licking me."

Cheers op for sharing :)

• Advertisement

Yeah well. I walk to the shop and back almost every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

That is one cool dog. And looking at it run, the poor little thing, that's loyalty for you now. No dog should be without a master.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Franticfrank

Such a small dog as well - impressive! Nice story though, glad to hear about the Chinese bonding with dogs rather than eating them for a change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Guill wrote: »
    Meanwhile, a cat that also got thrown a bone licked itself and fell asleep.

Cats ain't stupid;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Its a wonder how it avoided the cooking pot.:D

Bet a few of those Chinese Cyclists were looking at it after the first few miles thinking....mmmm dinner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Discostuy

"He said the dog had enough energy to run with the cyclists for at least 30 to 40 miles a day"

"We did more than 40 miles uphill and at the end I had to get off my bike and push. The dog ran ahead of me and stopped at a crossroads."

I don't want to get all serious and what not BUT...It's incredible distances when you look at such a small dog.

Now think of dogs like Huskies and Malumutes that are bred for this sort of thing and people wonder why their pet dog is climbing the walls or biting kids when it gets 20 minutes walk a day!!.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

Ounce for ounce a little mouse under your floorboards is much Faster than a Ferrari .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Pff. He's no Pudsy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭spudington16

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

Reminds me of Fry's dog....sob.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Advertisement