Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cat awol

• 29-05-2012 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

Hi.

Both of my two cats (male, female siblings , both neutered) went missing for 2 days last week. The male showed up on Saturday night, a bit hungry but fine. However the female hasn't come back since as far as I am aware. She has been gone now since Thursday night, however I was away on Friday night, so she may have come back but I don't think so as her food was'nt touched.

The thing is I actually know where she is, in some vacant farm building s a few fields away. I have gone over a few times in the last few days and i have seen her and and she has seen me.I don't understand why she hasn't come home though. Unless there is a huge supply of mice over there. I don't believe anyone else is feeding her, cos i checked with the neighbours,

Is it possible she is staying over there because it was so hot for the last few days, its very dark & cool in these buildings, and there is a lot of shade under the trees.
    Or has she just left us? Do cats do this , she has never gone off for more than a day or two before

Regards

Noreen

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 tipseymcT

could you not catch her & bring her home? she could be sick or injured.
    She might be just lying low cos of the hot weather but 5 days without coming home for food is a bit strange,our cats are always catching rats & mice but they always turn up at feeding time.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭jmauel

Thats my next step. I've been down there a few times with the cat carrier, but she doesn't appear on those occasions.
    I'll try again this evening when I get home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

The warm weather can make cats stay away longer, even though that sounds like pretty long. At least you know where she is and she know where you are.
    If you like you can bring a little food and water over there? Maybe she will change her mind after some nice juicy bits, with the promise of more at home ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭jmauel

Relief, she came back last night when it rained..

• Registered Users Posts: 3 scaldyie

I had two very old 20 years and 18 year old the 20 year old cats i had to put down a few weeks ago. I was wondering should i get another kitten for the other cat im away all day and she in the house on her own is it good for a cat to be on their own that long. or is she to old the get a kitten in dont know what to do for the best help!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭Mo60

scaldyie wrote: »
    I had two very old 20 years and 18 year old the 20 year old cats i had to put down a few weeks ago. I was wondering should i get another kitten for the other cat im away all day and she in the house on her own is it good for a cat to be on their own that long. or is she to old the get a kitten in dont know what to do for the best help!!!!!!!

I would think at that age your cat would spend most of its time asleep while it is on its own. I don't think they would enjoy a kitten trying to get them to play.

Maybe, if your cat is sociable you could get an older cat. There are many older cats in rescues looking for a home.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 scaldyie

Mo60 wrote: »
    I would think at that age your cat would spend most of its time asleep while it is on its own. I don't think they would enjoy a kitten trying to get them to play.

Maybe, if your cat is sociable you could get an older cat. There are many older cats in rescues looking for a home.

My cat is not the a bit sociable, she seem to accept the situation she plays alot more then she use to, like a lot of attention when i do get home. I think i will leave things at the monent thank foe advice it didi help

Advertisement