Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flat roof insurance

Options
  • 29-05-2012 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I have recently added an extension-built up on my house, it meant that I had to go flat roof on 80% of the roof. I had a lot of trouble getting insurance, then I got Finsure to give me a price, was ready to fill in the forms and the price was e420, then I told them that I had a minor offence back in 1999 for drunk in public, that was when I was 19, 14 years ago. They would not take me and declined me insurance!! That left me without house home insurance for 3 days while I shopped around to find someone else that would cover me, I found a recommendation for http://www.chromeinsurance.ie/Home
    on here, I gave them a call, my house is over 100 years old which is also a no no for some insurers. I told them my story, told them upfront of my previous 'criminal' history, they came back to me in 3 minutes with a quote, covering a larger rebuild cost and a larger contents cover, for e277 !!! I dealt with Claire, she is great to deal with, she really could not be more obliging.

I hope this is of help to someone that may be stuck in the same predicament as me.....

Advertisement