Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

End of Contract and cancellations of Eircom phone line + broadband

Options
  • 29-05-2012 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi
    Moving house and cancelling Eircom after one year, contract finishing 12th July,

I rang eircom today 29/05/2012 and asked to cancel, the eircom girl said, if I cancel today, line will be disconnected on 29th June and I ll be paying 'Early cease charges' of about 38 Euro(dnt know how they calculate this for 11 days minus the contract term).

So I asked if I should ring/email on 11 or 12th June to cancel. She said you can do that.

Now not sure, what gona happen? as I ll be moving out of the house on 30June(+-2days).

Will I be paying any 'charges' even I give 30days notice on 12th June??
    Many thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

foxhill wrote: »
    Hi
    Moving house and cancelling Eircom after one year, contract finishing 12th July,

I rang eircom today 29/05/2012 and asked to cancel, the eircom girl said, if I cancel today, line will be disconnected on 29th June and I ll be paying 'Early cease charges' of about 38 Euro(dnt know how they calculate this for 11 days minus the contract term).

So I asked if I should ring/email on 11 or 12th June to cancel. She said you can do that.

Now not sure, what gona happen? as I ll be moving out of the house on 30June(+-2days).

Will I be paying any 'charges' even I give 30days notice on 12th June??
    Many thanks in advance

Hi foxhill,

Can you PM me with your eircom account number and name on the account and I will look into it for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭foxhill

PM'ed

PM'ed

Hi foxhill,

I was speaking to a manager in cancellations, the contract for the broadband runs until the 12/07/12. The cancellation fee as you outlined is €36.08.

The fee decreases each day that you get closer to the end of the contract. However to insure there is no contract fee and as eircom require a 30 day notification period in writing / e-mail prior to cancelling the account.

Yes the best thing to do is send the e-mail on the 12th June to avoid any charges. I am afraid with the written requests are cancelled 30 days from when eircom received the e-mail so it is not possible to send it early and request a specific date.

So if you can send the e-mail on the 12/06/12 and let me know when you have sent it. I can track the cancellation and make sure it is processed properly.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark
    Many thanks for clarifying the matter.

kind regards

Hi Mark
    Many thanks for clarifying the matter.

kind regards

No problem,

Again, just let me know when you have sent the cancellation e-mail and I will follow it up for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

Hi Mark,
    Today I have to send email to Eircom to cancel my eircom account. Can you please PM me the correct email address to send the email.

Many thanks in advance.
    regards

Hi Mark,
    Today I have to send email to Eircom to cancel my eircom account. Can you please PM me the correct email address to send the email.

Many thanks in advance.
    regards

Hi foxhill,

I can confirm cancellations received the cancellation e-mail today.

So the cancellation of the account will be ceased on the 09/07/12 as per the 30 day process.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

Mark.

My father has sent off a letter to cease service with eircom after ringing cancellations.

What do I need to give you via PM to ensure that the letter was received so I can get a date for cease of service?

Thanks

John

Mark.

My father has sent off a letter to cease service with eircom after ringing cancellations.

What do I need to give you via PM to ensure that the letter was received so I can get a date for cease of service?

Thanks

John

Hi NeitherJohn,

I have your details from before, I checked with cancellations and we have not received the letter as yet.

Can you confirm via PM the date you sent the letter and the address you were quoted.

Thanks, Mark

Sorry for lack of clarification, Mark he only sent it this evening. It'll take a day or two I'd imagine!

Thanks,

John

• Advertisement

Sorry for lack of clarification, Mark he only sent it this evening. It'll take a day or two I'd imagine!

Thanks,

John

Hi John,

Ok no problem. I will check with cancellations over the next few days and get back to you by the end of the week.

Thanks, Mark

Thanks,

John

Hi John,

Ok no problem. I will check with cancellations over the next few days and get back to you by the end of the week.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark. I was wondering has the letter for cancellation of phone and broadband service sent by my dad gone through yet?

Thanks

Hi Mark. I was wondering has the letter for cancellation of phone and broadband service sent by my dad gone through yet?

Thanks

Hi John,

The cancellations team are always adding the received letters / e-mails to the file that have been received over the last few days.

Your dads account details have not been recorded as yet, however I will check back on Monday and get back to you.

Thanks, Mark

Afternoon!

Any update here?

Thanks

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

Afternoon!

Any update here?

Thanks

John

Hi John,

Not added as yet to the cease file but since the request only came in on Wednesday last week it may take another day. I will check this in the morngin and let you know. If it's still not added at that stage we'll chase it for you.

Regards

James

• Registered Users Posts: 21 LasseBrown

After canceling my contract last week, I was hoping to receive some sort of confirmation. Either by email or an entry in the eircom dashboard. All I got was an automatic reply email. I will only know if everything works out when I am disconnected in a month time?

Regards

LasseBrown wrote: »
    After canceling my contract last week, I was hoping to receive some sort of confirmation. Either by email or an entry in the eircom dashboard. All I got was an automatic reply email. I will only know if everything works out when I am disconnected in a month time?

Regards

Hi LasseBrown,

If you like, PM me your account number and I'll check it versus the cease file. Normally the confirmation email is reliable but I'll happily check for you here.

James

• Registered Users Posts: 21 LasseBrown

Hi LasseBrown,

If you like, PM me your account number and I'll check it versus the cease file. Normally the confirmation email is reliable but I'll happily check for you here.

James

Thanks James, sent a PM.

LasseBrown wrote: »
    Thanks James, sent a PM.

Got it thanks.
    Can confirm that the account is due to cease on 16th July and the request is registered on our system. If there's any problem after that date let me know and I'll check into it for you.

Regards

James

Afternoon!

Any update here?

Thanks

John

Hi John,

Have been checking this over the last few days and there's still nothing noted on our system. Can you PM the address the letter was sent to please. If it's somewhere I can get hold of it I'll take to cancellations for you directly.

Cheers

James

• Advertisement

Hi James.

Sent you a PM there.

Hi James.

Sent you a PM there.

Got it thanks,

Have managed to find the letter for you. Address was slightly wrong on the envelope it so was bouncing around in here the last couple of days. I have physically handed it to the correct team so all is in order now. Could you PM me a mobile number please, I just want to give a quick 2 minute call to confirm what is happening so I can feed it back to the team.

Cheers

James

Hi James.

Sent you a PM there.

Got it thanks,

Have managed to find the letter for you. Address was slightly wrong on the envelope it so was bouncing around in here the last couple of days. I have physically handed it to the correct team so all is in order now. Could you PM me a mobile number please, I just want to give a quick 2 minute call to confirm what is happening so I can feed it back to the team.

Cheers

James

Thanks a lot James. PM sent

Thanks a lot James. PM sent

Cheers John,

Should be all sorted now. Have spoken to the main man to clear up a couple of things so you can go ahead with the number porting. I also told your Dad to get you to contact us if there is a cost on the bill stating "Charge in lieu of one months notice". Due to the delays this charge shouldn't stand so if he's hit with that let me know and I'll credit it back. Shouldn't happen but I'm pre-empting a possible issue as I'm sure you're sick of me at this stage :D
    Let me know how it goes.

Regards

James

Sound man James. Appreciate the help.

We sent off the port request yesterday evening.

Sound man James. Appreciate the help.

We sent off the port request yesterday evening.

Hi John,

No problem, I will pass your comments to James when he gets back. As he advised if the 30 day notification charge is on the "end final bill" you receive from eircom, let us know and we will sort it out.

Thanks, Mark

Hi there Mark/James.

My dad got the final eircom bill there and it's 53 euro in credit. He has assumed that this is the two months line rental which is paid in advance.

He was wondering if the credit will be returned to the bank account or will he be posted out a cheque?

Thanks!

John

Hello!?

Hi there Mark/James.

My dad got the final eircom bill there and it's 53 euro in credit. He has assumed that this is the two months line rental which is paid in advance.

He was wondering if the credit will be returned to the bank account or will he be posted out a cheque?

Thanks!

John

Hi NeitherJohn,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. If an account is in credit after the final bill has been issued. A cheque will be sent out for the €53.23 CR.

However it can take a few weeks before it is issued to your home address.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

Hi John,

Was following up on this today and the account was indeed charged in lieu of one months notice. I have already issued a credit relating to this on the account. The closing bill will say credit of -€2.05 but I have put the correct amount back for you. Credit remains at €52.23 and will be issued out by cheque in the next couple of weeks. Hope that's everything but if you've any further queries let me know.

Regards

James

Advertisement