Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many Poets is everyone studying!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭imelle

studying 5, i'm a repeat so making sure i'm safe, learned from taking risks last year :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Plath , Rich or Boland so needs to come up. I'm really banking on Plath and Rich as my next best.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭AllyMcFearless

Kinsella,Heaney and Plath learned well. Could probably wing Frost as I learned him really well for 5th year exams..

We shall see!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 oldcrescent

its only worth 50 marks...be grand :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭CaoimheCweeva

We did all 8 poets, and were told to do minimum 5 .. I had decided to Plath, Rich, Heaney, Kavanagh and Larkin but have only done Kavanagh, Heaney and Rich .. I hope Heaney comes up, it being his last year and all! Though Rich is so easy .. who do ye think will come up?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

We did all 8 poets, and were told to do minimum 5 .. I had decided to Plath, Rich, Heaney, Kavanagh and Larkin but have only done Kavanagh, Heaney and Rich .. I hope Heaney comes up, it being his last year and all! Though Rich is so easy .. who do ye think will come up?

Moved your post into the more recent thread about poets so we don't have a few identical threads floating around! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Stalin and rugby

303607_435890913095322_885975985_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Kelix

I did all 8 because I want my choice out of all the questions. There's usually a nice general one in there. I'm hoping for an A1 in English though, gonna be really bummed out if I don't get it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Kelix wrote: »
    I did all 8 because I want my choice out of all the questions. There's usually a nice general one in there. I'm hoping for an A1 in English though, gonna be really bummed out if I don't get it...

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

I did 3, plath, heaney and kavanagh.
    Nobody seems to be going for kavanagh, i reckon this could be another year where they threw out an unexpected poet, so for me kavanagh could be it. Heaney seem to be defo coming up and plath is more than likely to come up i think

Anyone else braving the elements with 3 poets?

• Advertisement

I really think Heaney's going to come up anyways, and I HOPE TO GOD Rich does too, she's so damn easy .. Plath, hate her and haven't looked at her once, Kavanagh is the only other poet I've studied , meh .. COME ON RICH!

Dapics wrote: »
    I did 3, plath, heaney and kavanagh.
    Nobody seems to be going for kavanagh, i reckon this could be another year where they threw out an unexpected poet, so for me kavanagh could be it. Heaney seem to be defo coming up and plath is more than likely to come up i think

Anyone else braving the elements with 3 poets?

Was originally planning on doing 5 poets, only began studying a few days ago so 3 it is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 bazinga_

Kinsella's my man <3

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Killian In The Name Of

RICH, PLATH OR HEANEY MUST BE ON PAPER 2

*panic*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Does anyone else think Boland is reappearing I'm thinking she might. This was on paper 1 if you read text 2.
    "Learn them too , from the influence on the famine has had on contemporary irish poets. When Eavan Boland reflects on the limitation of science of catography because the famine road does not show up on the map or Seamus Heaney writes........ "
    They mentioned Yeats in it somewhere too.
    And Heaney is tipped to come up and he was mentioned so Boland up for 2012?

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

am studying Heaney, Plath and Larkin in depth(7-8 poems each + personal details) cause they seem like real possibilities!!
    {even though i despise Plath - such a boring poet}

and then just to be careful i'm studying Kinsella and Kavanagh just a small bit (6 poems each - only like 1 or 2 quotes from each)

and that'll do. hopefully.
    if Heaney comes up i'll personally give him a hug one of these days now!! jk. :pac: but i love his poetry. /: bejaysus he better come up! O:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Stalin and rugby

Bubbleope wrote: »
    am studying Heaney, Plath and Larkin in depth(7-8 poems each + personal details) cause they seem like real possibilities!!
    {even though i despise Plath - such a boring poet}

and then just to be careful i'm studying Kinsella and Kavanagh just a small bit (6 poems each - only like 1 or 2 quotes from each)

and that'll do. hopefully.
    if Heaney comes up i'll personally give him a hug one of these days now!! jk. :pac: but i love his poetry. /: bejaysus he better come up! O:

Haha nice predictions bro. Any ideas for maths tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Naomi00

Kinsella's the only poet I did properly just before the exam..:pac:

I'd forgotten most of the other ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I think we have enough threads discussing Pleaneygate, don't you? :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement