Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ongoing weekend fear......

Options
  • 29-05-2012 12:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭

Anyone else still have the fear from the weekend?

Is there any cure? Would love a hug but I'm at work so realistically that's not going to happen

Any suggestions to kill it?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Yops,
    Multivitamin Tablets,
    Greasy Food,
    Exercise,
    Find something to do instead of sitting around feeling sorry for yourself.

You need a good ride tbh
    Oh and a post ride snooze

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Any suggestions to kill it?

Few tins?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Don't take as many yokes at the weekend and you should be fine. Meanwhile have a bucket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

What is "the fear"?

Is it a hangover, if so why not just say hangover, where did all this fear stuff come from. Sounds like a load of bollocks to me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭@rti-shm@rti

Don't take as many yokes at the weekend and you should be fine. Meanwhile have a bucket.

Purely alcohol fuelled fear only
    You need a good ride tbh

Nah - but would love a good spoon. I think that would cure it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Its the fear of what you did or could have done when drunk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

donalg1 wrote: »
    What is "the fear"?

Is it a hangover, if so why not just say hangover, where did all this fear stuff come from. Sounds like a load of bollocks to me

D4 slang that everyone has now started to use because "It's now the thing doncha know?".

I think a gool oul fashioned intervention is what you need OP. Followed by a few drinks to celebrate.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

You should be over it by now! Think I unleashed the last of my weekend 'demons' down the jax about 7pm last night. Have also met all the people I had been drinking with and no "Ah jaysus the state of ya last/the other night" jibes so all is good in the world of Fallon once again!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

What is "the fear"?

It's a by-product of a hangover. Very different.
    You'll know it when it happens, it's like love. In opposite-land.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

You need a good ride tbh

If you are offering then, yeah, I've still got the fear.....bad, real bad :pac:

What is "the fear"?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=The%20Fear

Ah I think it's a legitimate state to be in - did you never have that feeling of doom on a Sunday evening at the thought of work in the morning? Mine's just lingering on a bit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Rastapitts

F.E.A.R.

Nah - but would love a good spoon. I think that would cure it

big spoon or little spoon?

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

It's the downer after an alcohol binge, drink water and ride it out, your hormones will balance out and you'll feel less **** soon. Maybe watch some cartoons.

chin_grin wrote: »
    D4 slang that everyone has now started to use because "It's now the thing doncha know?".

I think a gool oul fashioned intervention is what you need OP. Followed by a few drinks to celebrate.

Says it all really, I for one will call it a hangover

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭mongdesade

You need to man the fúck up & deal with the fear :D

big spoon or little spoon?

Ah would have to be little spoon. AND it would have to a proper spoon as well, none of this halfhearted arm thrown over ya messing

*sigh*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

Binge on crap food and watch loads of tv for one full day then for the the rest of the week eat healthy and sweat the fear out of yourself in the gym :)

works for me

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

5HTP

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

What were you doing at the weekend? Were you running around screaming and crying? If you drink every day you have the fear....every day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭anhedonia

Yes, there is a brilliant cure, and it is Benzodiazepines.

Valiums,
    Xanax,
    Rivotril,

Basically you use another GABA agonist to ameliorate the alcohol withdrawal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

What is "the fear"?

It's not just a hangover tho...

It's the worse hangover you can get - you feel crap, paranoid, over thinking things that you done/said the night before,worrying about what people think of you, feeling like everyone hates you, wanting to just get up and move away and change your whole life.

It's quite a depression experience.

Your obviously not a heavy drinker :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

The Fear/The Horrors. Good times. Here's what you actually do. Take an over the counter pain killer and have a coffee. The two together work to kick the crap out of all that bad voodoo. Scientifically proven.
    Drink water all day and take a multivitamin, a Berocca would be good. Alcohol erodes vitamin and mineral levels, things your body wants making a recovery.

What were you doing at the weekend? Were you running around screaming and crying? If you drink every day you have the fear....every day.

3 in a row

Not one for the drama and crying etc when I'm out so it's just more a 'questioning the direction of my life' fear induced by too much alcohol consumption

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Says it all really, I for one will call it a hangover

Drink related depression is what it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

did you never have that feeling of doom on a Sunday evening at the thought of work in the morning? Mine's just lingering on a bit

I have that every Sunday. Whether Ive been drinking or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

Find your neutral space. You got a rush. It'll pass. Be seated.

SunnyDub1 wrote: »
    It's not just a hangover tho...

It's the worse hangover you can get - you feel crap, paranoid, over thinking things that you done/said the night before,worrying about what people think of you, feeling like everyone hates you, wanting to just get up and move away and change your whole life.

It's quite a depression experience.

Your obviously not a heavy drinker :P

Or I can just handle my drink!!;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Or I can just handle my drink!!;)

Its nothing to do with handling your drink.

Advertisement