Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ongoing weekend fear......

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭jonnybangbang

ice Cream

• Registered Users Posts: 36,346 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

When you get home after work man up and do a bunch of chores. Clean that bathroom, mop that kitchen floor, get your washing up to date. I guarantee you'll feel a million times better after doing so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

donalg1 wrote: »
    Or I can just handle my drink!!;)

Nope..... it's all about heavy drinking nothing about handling

I can handle my drink and I still get the FEAR ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭jj92

Surprised this video hasn't gone seriously viral. The Fear explained in all it's glory.. now you know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VN4B-_quG8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

robbie7730 wrote: »
    Its nothing to do with handling your drink.

But if you can handle your drink you dont need to worry about the stupid things you did at the weekend therefore no fear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Aka the horrors.

The older I get the worse it gets. Feeling like the worst thing in the world is about to happen. Plenty of food and don't dwell on negative thoughts. To prevent it, don't drink/drug so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

jj92 wrote: »
    Surprised this video hasn't gone seriously viral. The Fear explained in all it's glory.. now you know.

That guy's voice is far too annoying.
    I only lasted 15 seconds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

SunnyDub1 wrote: »
    Nope..... it's all about heavy drinking nothing about handling

I can handle my drink and I still get the FEAR ;)

Yes, exactly. I can go out and drink to oblivion tonight, and I will have a good hangover tomorrow. No fear though.

Do it 3 or 4 nights in a row, and along comes the fear then. Although i never call it that myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭@rti-shm@rti

But if you can handle your drink you dont need to worry about the stupid things you did at the weekend therefore no fear.

Ah my fear isn't really so specific........I drink heavy and make an eejit of myself from time to time but in this case it's more a general fear....like why am I so broke, why am I so single? blah blah blah

Yea but the reality is, its actually depression caused by the drink. Not a hangover. And the depression is the thing that makes people feel everything little thing is bothering them.

Nothing to do with handling your drink, or hangovers either. The hangover just adds to the depressed feeling.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Ah my fear isn't really so specific........I drink heavy and make an eejit of myself from time to time but in this case it's more a general fear....like why am I so broke, why am I so single? blah blah blah

Been there all right, why am I so broke and why did I waste all my money on stupid alcohol, hate the cold panic for no reason you get after a heavy one. Will feel it again soon enough I am sure especially with the Euro's coming up and the first match being on Sunday at 19.45 not gonna be a good monday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

Been there all right, why am I so broke and why did I waste all my money on stupid alcohol,

No you haven't gotten it - your just stingy with money :pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

What's big spoon/little spoon? The whole image only works if the spoons are roughly the same size and shape.

Besides, a Newton's cradle is so much more romantic.

Aka the horrors.

The older I get the worse it gets. Feeling like the worst thing in the world is about to happen. Plenty of food and don't dwell on negative thoughts. To prevent it, don't drink/drug so much.

Yea and the less drink it takes to cause it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

What's big spoon/little spoon? The whole image only works if the spoons are roughly the same size and shape.

Besides, a Newton's cradle is so much more romantic.

The person in front is the littlespoon. The big spoon person is behind them. Usually it's the bigger person who's the big spoon, it's a huggy mindy thing :)

Edit: often leads to fantastic fear-banishing sex.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

3 in a row

Not one for the drama and crying etc when I'm out so it's just more a 'questioning the direction of my life' fear induced by too much alcohol consumption

If you're not running around screaming and crying on the actual night out itself then your fear is bollocks. Get involved in a serious night out, commit crimes, break relationships, cause damage and then sit back the next day in a beautifully fuzzy blanket of insidious terror.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭optimistic_

Says it all really, I for one will call it a hangover

To be honest, that's a load of boll*cks and it has nothing to do with "D4"?

It's a feeling of dread, your mental state that can sometimes accompany the physical symptoms of a hangover, irrational anxiety for no real reason - And often carries on well after the physical symptoms subside.

Not everyone suffers from it.

It's like a mild DTs

Now c*ck off with "I'm a bleedin real dub with me hangovers" ....c*ck

Oh and my fear lasted from Saturday to yesterday.

Work nights are a f*cking nightmare - Unless you have phone numbers of all the people you were out with.

I also got the dreaded "Saw you at "x" friday ...bananas you were" text on sunday so that didn't help.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

I also got the dreaded "Saw you at "x" friday ...bananas you were" text on sunday so that didn't help.

This bullsh1t should be illegal. Does my head in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭@rti-shm@rti

If you're not running around screaming and crying on the actual night out itself then your fear is bollocks. Get involved in a serious night out, commit crimes, break relationships, cause damage and then sit back the next day in a beautifully fuzzy blanket of insidious terror.

I scored someone I've fancied for ages one of the nights and it seems like it's a no go so that PLUS the fact that I am going out far too much and regressing maturity wise is what is fuelling my depression!!

It doesn't always have to be a 'crap why did I bawl my eyes out to a work colleague' or 'why was I pole dancing in front of everyone in coppers' sort of fear!

• Advertisement

Lying in bed with your right leg on fire and your left leg freezing.
    Sweat on your brow and housemate in the room next to yours is screaming in his sleep. The child of prague wont stop asking you to reconsider your career choices from the bedside table. And the pope in the bathroom making loads of noise.
    Thats "the fear"

Lying in bed with your right leg on fire and your left leg freezing.
    Sweat on your brow and housemate in the room next to yours is screaming in his sleep. The child of prague wont stop asking you to reconsider your career choices from the bedside table. And the pope in the bathroom making loads of noise.
    Thats "the fear"

Perfect description.

The worst I ever had it was after going out wednesday with work, then thursday with work, then Friday pints with work and all night Friday with the lads... I got home on sunday night, slept for two hours on someone's floor on sunday morning. Back to the pub when i woke up.

I didn't sleep for three nights after out of sheer panic. I passed out in the mornings around 6 and would have to get up at 7 to go to work. It was a living nightmare. cold sweats for a few days, not able to eat, utterly unable to communicate with the world, but afraid to be alone or to not have a tv or radio on.

My fear days are never as bad now as my drinking doesn't go on like that. The worst these days is the airport home after a lads holiday. Prozac or valium is genuinely needed then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

I calls it the heebs. Worst thing about drinking.

Sauve wrote: »
    The person in front is the littlespoon. The big spoon person is behind them. Usually it's the bigger person who's the big spoon, it's a huggy mindy thing :)

Edit: often leads to fantastic fear-banishing sex.

Exactly ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

jj92 wrote: »
    Surprised this video hasn't gone seriously viral.

It has'nt gone viral because its absolutely sh*t, I want to hurt the people responsible for it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

I'm having it today too, but I usually do every Monday and Tuesday these days. I'm going on holidays tomorrow somewhere quiet and sunny where I wont be binge drinking so that'll keep me on the straight and narrow for a week and give me time to reflect on all this pointless partying...
    OP just wait till tomorrow or thursday and you'll be happier and less anxious, when it gets to this stage though I think we need to question what we're doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Diamond_Ninja

Nah - but would love a good spoon. I think that would cure it

I dunno.. Spooning only leads to forking.. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

Anyone else still have the fear from the weekend?

Is there any cure? Would love a hug but I'm at work so realistically that's not going to happen

Any suggestions to kill it?

I tell you what... the fear from the weekend here is absolutely terrible... much worst than usual. my usual fix of high sugar foods isn't shifting it. I'm trying to pin down the source in my head... the pints I had in the Aviva, maybe, or just too much sun, perhaps :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

Says it all really, I for one will call it a hangover

Hangover is one thing, the fear is quite another. What age are you? I didn't start getting the fear until I was in my 30's.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Perfect description.

The worst I ever had it was after going out wednesday with work, then thursday with work, then Friday pints with work and all night Friday with the lads... I got home on sunday night, slept for two hours on someone's floor on sunday morning. Back to the pub when i woke up.

I didn't sleep for three nights after out of sheer panic. I passed out in the mornings around 6 and would have to get up at 7 to go to work. It was a living nightmare. cold sweats for a few days, not able to eat, utterly unable to communicate with the world, but afraid to be alone or to not have a tv or radio on.

My fear days are never as bad now as my drinking doesn't go on like that. The worst these days is the airport home after a lads holiday. Prozac or valium is genuinely needed then.

lol, brilliant. I remember flying home from visiting a mate in Munich on the tail end of an 18hr drinking binge with my heart racing, cotton mouth, no money for a drink, unable to breath, thinking I'm going to puke, terrible vertigo from flying. I was never so anxious in my life and it was the longest 2 hours of my life. I've stayed extra nights in places to avoid having to get on planes in that state since, not worth it.

Advertisement