Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ongoing weekend fear......

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    not worth it.

You need to open yourself up to the drink more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

not worth it.

You need to open yourself up to the drink more.

Time to lay off the booze Deus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

You need a good ride tbh
    Oh and a post ride snooze

So true!

Best hangover sure = coffee, hangover sex, snooze, high fat and high carb food and then more sex.

Sorted;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

So true!

Best hangover sure = coffee, hangover sex, snooze, high fat and high carb food and then more sex.

Sorted;)

Coffee makes things worse, it dehydrates you. Sex I would think would only temporarily relieve you from the pain.

Coffee makes things worse, it dehydrates you. Sex I would think would only temporarily relieve you from the pain.

Works for me, i get headaches if i don't drink coffee

• Advertisement

Caffeine aids the hangover process.

The post sex snooze is just as important as the sex. Hangover sex also happens to be one of the best types of sex there is. True story.

Babybuff wrote: »
    I need some help here. Went out Friday and met a few people, I was drinking some alcohol but mixing with non alcoholic so I wouldn't get too sh/tfaced and I was doing ok. Started walking homeward with one of the girls and we stopped in and had last pint in local on the way, she was fairly ahead of me in the pint stakes but I was ready for bed at that stage because I had a bit of a cold coming one.

We went on our way eventually and she decided she was hungry and offered me a cuppa at hers on the way and I accepted but told her I just wanted the bed at that stage so I get to hers, drink tea, eat some toast, almost have an asthma attack and go and lay down in her bed. (which was ok'd by her) I'm pretty sure she knew it was just a friend thing, we were never out by ourselves before but have a lot of mutual friends, I knew she had just broken up with her bf and I wasn't inclined to think of her as anything other than a mate. We share the bed but I'm on the outside of the covers (because I'm practically burning up with a fever) and she's on the inside and we had a grand chat anyway and then I dozed off for a bit.

So, I leave early but I forget my shades and two days later I contact a mutual friend to see if he has a contact for her and he says she has already arranged to meet with him to drop them off with him..which is grand only I wanted to say thanks and stuff to her for letting me crash and maybe catch up for a while. nothing happened between us so I have no idea why it would have been difficult for her to get in contact with me directly. I'm thinking maybe she's suffering a bit of the fear but I don't want to step over any lines, if she's uncomfortable I'd rather leave it be and at the same time I don't know if the guy who is doing the communicating is dictating the situation and making it difficult for me to get in touch with her again and just being a cockblocker. (she already told me he tends to just invite himself into her company when he feels like it so I know she's not mad keen on him to begin with)
    I know it's Ah but she did have a fair bit of drink so I'm wondering if it's just a case of the fear.

She probably doesn't remember what happened and is afraid she did something stupid - she might like you and thinks she told you/made a move etc. Contact her and clear the air, the longer it goes on the more awkward things will get.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Is sex all ye wimmins think about?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

The post sex snooze is just as important as the sex. Hangover sex also happens to be one of the best types of sex there is. True story.

Oh no - sex while hungover is just awful.
    No, I need to just lie on a couch with a duvet and eat junk food.
    And mandatory nurofen plus and at least a litre of orange juice.
    If someone tried to have sex with me, I'd puke on them.

I would say that isn't true as it dehdrayes you. Dehydration causes many of the worst effects of alcohol.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

She probably doesn't remember what happened and is afraid she did something stupid - she might like you and thinks she told you/made a move etc. Contact her and clear the air, the longer it goes on the more awkward things will get.
    sorry, deleted because I realised this is ah but thanks for the response. I didn't know if I should contact her as I just don't know if she wants me to.

Is sex all ye wimmins think about?

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

To be honest, that's a load of boll*cks and it has nothing to do with "D4"?

It's a feeling of dread, your mental state that can sometimes accompany the physical symptoms of a hangover, irrational anxiety for no real reason - And often carries on well after the physical symptoms subside.

Not everyone suffers from it.

It's like a mild DTs

Now c*ck off with "I'm a bleedin real dub with me hangovers" ....c*ck

What are you even talking about? I surely aint a Dub and thank god for that, and the fact I said if its what is said in D4 is enough reason for me not to use it should have been an indication to you that I am obviously not a dub. C*ck

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

sorry, deleted because I realised this is ah but thanks for the response. I didn't know if I should contact her as I just don't know if she wants me to.

Contact her. You'll get the vibe. This should help you decide your next move.

Well find out one way or the other - nothing worse than imagining scenarios and then having to avoid each other. Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

RichieC wrote: »
    Hangover is one thing, the fear is quite another. What age are you? I didn't start getting the fear until I was in my 30's.

Ah well that must be it sure Im only 29!! Think I may have had the fear a few weeks ago, definitely had some of the symptoms described on here, to me it was just an excessively bad hangover that lasted a couple of days, with the cold sweats and panic of what did I do, why did I do that, never going out again, I hate drinking sort of stuff. Been out 6 or 7 times since though!

Oh no - sex while hungover is just awful.
    No, I need to just lie on a couch with a duvet and eat junk food.
    And mandatory nurofen plus and at least a litre of orange juice.
    If someone tried to have sex with me, I'd puke on them.

:eek: You're doing it wrong!
    I would say that isn't true as it dehdrayes you. Dehydration causes many of the worst effects of alcohol.

Coffee isn't dehydrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

Ah the beloved fear.

I call it "the onions" because it feels like theres a guy standing at the foot of your bed juggling onions and you cant get rid of him.

A few spliffs does the trick, apart from that exercise and spending time with friends works also.

But if you didnt do anything too bad, people won't remember in a few weeks anyway so just say "Fcuk it"

:eek: You're doing it wrong!

Coffee isn't dehydrating.

But doesn't it make you piss everything out? Is that not going to make a hangover worse?

Go for a few pints tonight op, only way to sort it.

• Advertisement

But doesn't it make you piss everything out? Is that not going to make a hangover worse?

Nah, it's a bit of a myth, you would need to drink bucket loads of the stuff for it to have a diuretic effect. In actual fact, it's almost as hydrating (but not as healthy) as water!

Well find out one way or the other - nothing worse than imagining scenarios and then having to avoid each other. Good luck!
    tried, did my best but he just contacted me to tell me he has my glasses and he would drop them up sometime. :( I'm just annoyed at the whole thing, never got a chance to figure out what the hell was going on and he's in a position of power in this scenario and seems to be dictating the terms of communication so I'm fcuked. Going to do my best to avoid them both from here on in. If she did like me she would have got in touch by now.

If she did like me she would have got in touch by now.

*shakes head*

If only people were that straight forward.
    Think about it, she could be saying the very same thing about you!

*shakes head*

If only people were that straight forward.
    Think about it, she could be saying the very same thing about you!
    I realise this but the guy who is acting as middle man hasn't a clue what happened and is like a big fat cockblocking machine standing between the two of us and preventing communication getting from one side to the other. It really shouldn't be this difficult.

I realise this but the guy who is acting as middle man hasn't a clue what happened and is like a big fat cockblocking machine standing between the two of us and preventing communication getting from one side to the other.

Well, if you're gonna let someone like that stand in your way, you may aswell just give up now then!

just going to let nature take it's own course, I never win when I try to fight her

just going to let nature take it's own course, I never win when I try to fight her

Fair enough. Just don't start regretting it when you find out that she liked you but didn't think you liked her do went out with cock blocker instead!

went out with cock blocker instead!
    I'm fairly confident he's not her type :) suppose I'm just happy I got the chance to meet her, that'll have to do for now.

I got in touch :) we're good :cool:

• Advertisement

I got in touch :) we're good :cool:

Good man :)
    Will you be "getting in touch" again?

Advertisement