Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Increase in Ammo amount

Options
  • 29-05-2012 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭

Lads I think I have looked at the all the garda firearms application forms and still not sure which one I should use to apply for an ammo increase. :confused::confused:
    Not trading the gun or anything just a pure ammo increase. I only have 100 on the rifle and want to increase it. thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

There is nothing on the FCA1 or FCA2 to apply for an ammo increase. What you can do is go into your local FO, and explain to him/her that you need an increase for the purposes of "Whatever the reason is".

Usually 100 rounds is the standard for farmers/hunters with a shotgun. However if you can show that you use the firearm for target reasons or some other reason that uses alot of ammo, and hence you need an increase they can re-issue the license with the new ammo increase on it.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭German pointer

Ezridax wrote: »
    There is nothing on the FCA1 or FCA2 to apply for an ammo increase. What you can do is go into your local FO, and explain to him/her that you need an increase for the purposes of "Whatever the reason is".

Usually 100 rounds is the standard for farmers/hunters with a shotgun. However if you can show that you use the firearm for target reasons or some other reason that uses alot of ammo, and hence you need an increase they can re-issue the license with the new ammo increase on it.

It is a .270 for deer and as you know the comisioner guidlines suggest 200 to 260. But A farmer wants me to cull some freal goats as well. I'll try that route

thanks

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

The commissioner's guidelines are just that - guidelines. Hence the reason you have 100 instead of the recommended amount of 200-260.

How many did you ask for when applying?

Either way i'd still go into your FO, explain to him that you need extra allowance for culling of vermin species, and ask for a re-print of the license with 200 - 300 on it. Try not to go too much. IOW don't ask for 1,000 because unless target shooting any decent FO will know that no hunter needs 1,000 rounds on their license (deer caliber license that is).
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Ezridax wrote: »
    The commissioner's guidelines are just that - guidelines. Hence the reason you have 100 instead of the recommended amount of 200-260.

How many did you ask for when applying?

Either way i'd still go into your FO, explain to him that you need extra llowance for culling of vermin species, and ask for a re-print of the license with 200 - 300 on it. Try not to go too much. IOW don't ask for 1,000 because unless target shooting any decent FO will know that no hunter needs 1,000 rounds on their license (deer caliber license that is).

I asked for 100 as it was the first rifle in my own name and did not know about the guidelines then. 200 or 260 would be plenty, can't see myself killing any more goats or foxes then that at any one time:eek::eek:. On a side issue when I got the 12g I asked for 100 and they gave me 1,000.

I won't push it just yet as I am waiting for a .22 application to come back to me 9 weeks and counting. when I get this sorted I will approach him for the increase as I don't want to confuse him with more then 1 application at a time

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭browning 12 bore

well lads im my own situation i had to write a letter to super and then he rose it up for me but one thing he did was i wanted 250 on my pigeon gun semi auto and i got that now he also got mixed up and he gave me 250 on my 243 now two things wrong with that 1 is that id never use that in 2 or 3 seasons of deer and number 2 is you cant buy half a box of 243 box of 20 bullets lol lol lol

• Advertisement

well lads im my own situation i had to write a letter to super and then he rose it up for me but one thing he did was i wanted 250 on my pigeon gun semi auto and i got that now he also got mixed up and he gave me 250 on my 243 now two things wrong with that 1 is that id never use that in 2 or 3 seasons of deer and number 2 is you cant buy half a box of 243 box of 20 bullets lol lol lol

but you might have half a box at home when you go to buy more;);)

Advertisement