Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't get my flymo to start

Options
  • 29-05-2012 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Its my first time cutting the grass. My oh normally plugs the flymo into an 25m cable reel first.

The reel has reset & test button on it.

Not sure what I have to do to make the flymo start!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Anything that requires a plug which don't work needs examining at the plug/s - is the wiring
    secure on the mower and the extension lead?, if that's okay is the Flymo power switch working correctly (more wiring)?

What model is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭nukin_futs

The test/reset is a trip switch built into the reel to cut the power if needed (for example if the flymo went over the lead and severed it).

Try it first by pressing the test and then the reset (sorry, can't remember which one when I used these before).
    If neither work try plugging the flymo straight into the wall socket.

If still nothing you then need to check the plug on the flymo, possibly the fuse needs to be replaced.
    If not that then it's the flymo itself.

[PS - Not to be patronising, but I assume you actually know how to start the flymo itself]

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Jennna

I plugged the flymo directly in and it worked so its the cable.

I tried the sequence written on the back of the plug but not working.

Could I risk plugging the mower straight into the wall or would that be too dangerous?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭nukin_futs

I always use mine directly from the wall socket.

Possibly the fuse in the plug on the reel needs replacing.

Advertisement