Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rFactor Handling Problems

Options
  • 29-05-2012 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hello all, i have rFactor (1) and a logitech g27. I usually play Live for Speed and i find it very good. Many people reccommended rFactor so i went ahead and made the purchase.
    Use i calibrated the wheel, I begin a race at mondello park but I found the handling of every can i use to be sh*te. Alot of understeer and the car spinning out with moderate use of throttle on the bends.
    Is there any more realistic phsyics that can be edited into the game, or anything else that would improve my experience? - Silvia Steve

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭_HULK_SMASH!

which car mod are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 silviasteve

Kinda new to this, what is a car mod? I am just using the default cars

oh, sorry, just like you can download extra tracks, like Mondello, you can download extra cars, these are called mods, or modifications to the software.

Almost nobody uses the default cars they are pretty terrible, some other cars might have physics more to your liking...

Heres a link to somewhere you can download them

www.virtualr.net/latest-downloads

simply click on the Rfactor logo to show cars and tracks to download..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Checkout some rfactor dedicated forums and see what the recommended settings are for your wheel.
    Im talking about windows settings here,many sims use different settings in windows.
    Theres is no setting for every sim, for example i have full 900 degrees sensitivity for iracing but only about 260 for other sims.
    I have so many sims i cant recall off the top of my head whats suggested for rfactor but id be trying 260 for a start.
    Also you may need to change things for different mods,usually documented on the mods read me.

Dcully is right, Sims are usually a little more complicated to get going, usually need to fiddle with files called PLR and CONTROLLER, open them with wordpad in order to change them.

Sims are more complicated to set up, but its worth it in the end, when you hit the sweet spot, nothing else compares...:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭racersedge

Along with finding wheel settings that you are comfortable with (which as has been stated above, plays a major part) - the bog standard rFactor mods aren't a lot to write home about. What has made rFactor the popular platform over the years is the mods that have been readily available for it and what mod developers have come with over the years.

Going to places like rFactor Central and other rFactor download resources will give you plentiful choices.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Squidwert

http://www.rfactorcentral.com/ has alot of stuff you'll need

i'd say Real Feel FFB Plugin 0.92 and Leo's FFB plugin will help setting up your wheel. rfactor can be awesome when setup right.

historx mod here has a manual on how to set it up ;)
    http://www.virtualr.net/historic-gt-touring-car-1-9-released

Squidwert wrote: »
    http://www.rfactorcentral.com/ has alot of stuff you'll need

i'd say Real Feel FFB Plugin 0.92 and Leo's FFB plugin will help setting up your wheel. rfactor can be awesome when setup right.

historx mod here has a manual on how to set it up ;)
    http://www.virtualr.net/historic-gt-touring-car-1-9-released

Absolutely love the Historix Mod, but your right, you must have the wheel set up right or the cars will be way too twitchy!

Advertisement