Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's where the money will come from.....

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Again I'll ask you:

Simple request: name the french & German banks and the exact figures they got, and how you plan to get it back from them?
    Can you add a rider that any "source" can't include the famous Guido Fawkes photoshop job that's been exposed as hogwash more times than the Protocols of the Elders of Zion?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Robbo wrote: »
    Can you add a rider that any "source" can't include the famous Guido Fawkes photoshop job that's been exposed as hogwash more times than the Protocols of the Elders of Zion?

I'm not expecting a reply, nevermind a source!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 TextingGuru

The money Irish people are being told by the Europeans we must pay back despite it having nothing to do with us. Latest news is banks in future will be funded directly from Europe not put onto countries national debt as ours was.....but you Ireland they are saying will still pay this debt.
    This same debt the Government refuse to let the people of Ireland know who got the money.

This decision this afternoon highlights the reason why Irish people should stand up and say NO until this Bank debt is refunded against our national debt

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

The money Irish people are being told by the Europeans we must pay back despite it having nothing to do with us. Latest news is banks in future will be funded directly from Europe not put onto countries national debt as ours was.....but you Ireland they are saying will still pay this debt.
    This same debt the Government refuse to let the people of Ireland know who got the money.

This decision this afternoon highlights the reason why Irish people should stand up and say NO until this Bank debt is refunded against our national debt

Still no details on the actual institutions involved then, I'm starting to think you don't actually know...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Still no details on the actual institutions involved then, I'm starting to think you don't actually know...

It's a soap box thing.

It's laughable to suggest that the debt should lie solely with the lender. It's the Irish banks that owe the money, therefore it is their responsibility. That the EU should have to shoulder that burden shows what we all know to be true, i.e. that a certain proportion of our society want to absolve themselves of any and all forms of responsibility....it's always someone else's fault.

It's a simple scenario really. The banks got into debt that they couldn't repay because of an unsustainable economic model created by 3 parties: the banks themselves, the Government and the people. The people elected the Government so are ultimately to blame there. So 66% of the blame lies with the people really. Happy to turn a blind eye until kicked up the arse, and then they want someone else to pay for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Taking the Bank debt (which doesn't belong to the people of Ireland) off our books, the deficit will be only €3.1bn in 2013, not the €18bn the Govt claim. The gap could be made up with increased income tax on those earning €100,000 plus per annum (e.g the 70,000 people paid from the public purse) and a small 5% wealth levy on the super-wealthy in our society.

Where, in the name of God, are you getting the €3.1 Billion deficit from, pre-bank payouts?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

K-9 wrote: »
    Where, in the name of God, are you getting the €3.1 Billion deficit from, pre-bank payouts?

Good question. It certainly doesn't match any figure here: http://ntma.ie/IrishEconomy/publicFinances.php

cordially,
    Scofflaw

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Scofflaw wrote: »
    Good question. It certainly doesn't match any figure here: http://ntma.ie/IrishEconomy/publicFinances.php

cordially,
    Scofflaw

Not to mention 70,000 people paid from the public purse. That's €7 Billion minimum assuming they all get €100,000. Something is telling me this isn't very well researched.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Scofflaw wrote: »

cordially,
    Scofflaw
    Very interesting, the difference in capital expenditure between 2011 and 2012 is quite something. More than 6 billion in additional tax in 2015 compared to this year.

Those numbers aren't hopeful, they are deluded.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

So, if Boyd-Barrett's to be believed on this and we implement his plans for wealth taxes, we could be running a tidy surplus next year. Seems legit.

Between 5 and 10 billion is fúcking huge!
    Which is it?

And also, that'd be 10 billion less being spent in companies, on products, on services, in banks etc. The knock-on effects would be disasterous!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

BOHtox wrote: »
    Which is it?

And also, that'd be 10 billion less being spent in companies, on products, on services, in banks etc. The knock-on effects would be disasterous!

And my experience of Richard Boyd-Barrett is if he's saying this then I can only safely assume it to be disastrous for the country or total shíte.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

BOHtox wrote: »
    So, if Boyd-Barrett's to be believed on this and we implement his plans for wealth taxes, we could be running a tidy surplus next year. Seems legit.

Which is it?

Yep. Due to a blanket refusal to cut money from social welfare (1/3 of our spending) and no change to the Croke Park Agreement

Advertisement