Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blonde Moment

• 29-05-2012 1:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I had one recently with my gf.

She was on the couch watching a cookery show and I was reading a book when I heard the woman on the TV say "and now you put the cake into the over at 90 degrees"

I turned around to my gf with a look of confusion and ask "Why did she say 90 degress, what other angle would you put something into the oven at?" :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

That's not a blonde moment that's just hearing someone else talk who you taught was your girlfreind :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

SunnyDub1 wrote: »
    That's not a blonde moment that's just hearing someone else talk who you taught was your girlfreind :confused:

Wat ta fuk!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭Mr.David

SunnyDub1 wrote: »

Blonde moment?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I hear there's a cream you can get for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

What kinda cake do you cook at only 90 degrees?

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

putting a bunch of movies onto an external harddrive for my sister:

*she picks up harddrive* - "oh cool, it's not getting too much heavier"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

OldGoat wrote: »

A perpendicular one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭newport2

Wat ta fuk!

My OH insists on it being inserted at 90 degrees too

i found one
    Cream Scone Recipe

260 of grams flour
    50 of grams granulated sugar
    10 grams of baking powder
    75 grams of unsalted butter
    A large egg
    A teaspoon of vanilla
    120 ml of milk or cream (or half-and-half)

Preheat oven to 90 degrees C. Place some parchment paper on a baking tray. Whisk together the baking powder, sugar, salt and flour in a large bowl. Cut up the butter into small pieces, add to the mix and blend with fingertips until it looks like coarse crumbs. Whisk the milk, vanilla and egg (beaten) together, add to the mixture and stir. Place this onto a floured surface and knead gently a few times and pat into a 7 inch round. Flour a round cutter and cut this dough into rounds. Place these onto the parchment sheet already prepared and space them a few inches apart. To brown the scones during the baking, lightly put a little cream on the tops of the scones. You should bake for about 16 minutes or until they are browned nicely. Take them from the oven and allow to cool.

it's a scone but still

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I was thinking the same? 190 is par for the course. At 90 degrees it wouldn't even set :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

jester77 wrote: »
    I had one recently with my gf.

She was on the couch watching a cookery show and I was reading a book when I heard the woman on the TV say "and now you put the cake into the over at 90 degrees"

I turned around to my gf with a look of confusion and ask "Why did she say 90 degress, what other angle would you put something into the oven at?" :o

Or is it the fact that you heard her say she was going to put it in the "over at 90 degrees" and not the oven?? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

I make crisps from Kale at 90 Degrees .. [recipe snipped due to Mrs.Biscuits copyright infringement]

An infamous blonde moment:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

putting a bunch of movies onto an external harddrive for my sister:

*she picks up harddrive* - "oh cool, it's not getting too much heavier"
    the files are "in" the computer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

bluewolf wrote: »
    it's a scone but still
    A scone doth not a cake make.
    I was thinking the same? 190 is par for the course. At 90 degrees it wouldn't even set :pac:
    I thought meringue but thats not a cake either.
    Is it too early to call Shinnanigans?

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

A scone doth not a cake make.
    I thought meringue but thats not a cake either.
    Is it too early to call Shinnanigans?

Here, step 3 & 4, can't believe I was actually able to find it!

Sky News: "10 miners have been trapped underground in China"
    Me: "Oh that's awful, what were those children doing under ground in the first place"

:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

I can't decide whether to make scones, meringue, biscuits or a cheescake now :D

lemon cheesecake with mascarpone cheese

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

put a bun in the oven ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

put a bun in the oven ;)

at 90 degrees? :D

• Advertisement

at 90 degrees? :D

yeah... you might need the turkey baster to get a nice brown colour if your partner is white

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

My day is not complete without a blonde moment.

I want cheesecake now.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

One that suits his antidote

True story and blonde moment in one

godtabh wrote: »
    One that suits his antidote

True story and blonde moment in one

antidote to what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

My father was on holidays in Italy and brought me back a Juventus jersey - the black and white stripped one.

I showed it to herself who asked "why did he buy you a referees jersey?!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I just had one now. Im listening to Derek Mooney, and I took off my earphones to listen to Miss South Carolina's video clip.

That Liveline thread has my head melted.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

bluewolf wrote: »
    antidote to what?

For antidote read anecdote

Blonde moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

My little sister (who happens to be blonde but one of the smartest people on the planet!) constantly has blonde moments.

One of the best was while driving on the motorway to Dublin a few years ago and there was some works being done with a new bridge being built. She asked me "why are they taking that bridge down?"

She also suggested that hats be made using hair for bald people........eh wigs exist don't they???

Too many funny moments with her. She is such a doll.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 looseliver

...oh wait, 90 degrees. Yeah, now I get it!
    -Good one!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

There was a really annoying comedian doing the rounds in Australia when I was growing up and she was always picking on people in the audience in order to be 'funny'.

She had a cleft palete, but I called it a treble clef for years till someone finally corrected me.

I was 18..... but still :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

That one time i tried cooking a pizza at 180 degrees didnt turn out well at all, at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

That one time i tried cooking a pizza at 180 degrees didnt turn out well at all, at all.

My blonde moment - accidentally grilling a pizza :pac:

Was actually quite nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

"My friend just had her third baby"
    "Oh great, how many does she have in total?"
    ".....three...." :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

Sat into my car yesterday, turn the key, put on my seat belt, turned on the radio, put the car into gear, took off the handbrake and....nothing!

A good 30 seconds past before I realised I hadnt started the engine! :o

My biggest one was putting petrol in my diesel car and I dunno if that was blonde or just fcuking stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Am I missing something or...
    Who would physically put a cake in an oven at 90 degrees anyway? Surely it goes in at 180 degrees? 90 would mean its sideways..? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Dublin Chick

Sat into my car yesterday, turn the key, put on my seat belt, turned on the radio, put the car into gear, took off the handbrake and....nothing!

A good 30 seconds past before I realised I hadnt started the engine! :o

How do u turn on your car....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

In Iceland at Gullfoss (waterfall). My friend who's a Geography teacher was giving me the lowdown on how the waterfall was formed ie a glacier melted blah de blah. So I turned to her and said 'So basically the glacier just melted and (I clicked my fingers then :o) we had a waterfall?'

I just remember her slowly turning to look at me with a look on her face that said 'How the f*ck am I going to explain this?'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

"Imagine you could get leopard-print cats!" - someone who was not me, once

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

How do u turn on your car....

Starter button maybe?

• Advertisement

hondasam wrote: »
    My biggest one was putting petrol in my diesel car and I dunno if that was blonde or just fcuking stupid.

its actually worse the other way round....

with petrol in a diesel engine you can siphon it back out and fill it with diesel and it will chug n splutter for a few mins but then its grand

with diesel in a petrol engine you have to wash out the engine before it will start.

its actually worse the other way round....

with petrol in a diesel engine you can siphon it back out and fill it with diesel and it will chug n splutter for a few mins but then its grand

with diesel in a petrol engine you have to wash out the engine before it will start.

It took more than a few minutes to fix it tbh, had to get it towed, filters changed before it was ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

My friend once asked me "How do you spell MSN?"

Aoifey! wrote: »
    My friend once asked me "How do you spell MSN?"

did you say WLM?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

"Ohhhhhh I know what's different, there's no commentator!" - The OH says with a joyous relief in the 70th minute of an Ireland football match in Croke Park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Last weekend I parked mam's car, got out of the car closed the door and walked off. Was about 30 seconds down the road before I realised I had left the key in the ignition and the car unlocked :o

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Last weekend I parked mam's car, got out of the car closed the door and walked off. Was about 30 seconds down the road before I realised I had left the key in the ignition and the car unlocked :o

I once couldn't find my keys when I was leaving the office, searched everywhere for them, decided to check the car and I had left them in the ignition with the radio and lights on. Battery was dead, had to get jump started.

This was the same day I had ran out of petrol on the way to work :o

Oh and I had also left my phone at home so I had a nightmare trying to get someone to help me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

I have the all the time haha.

Just asking stupid things really.

I'm not blonde I swear I just have dipsy moments :D

This happens too often - I will be chatting on the phone while getting ready to leave the house, do the pat down - keys, smokes, money, phone ... wait where's my phone! Cue mad panic trying to find the phone only to hear the person I'm talking to laughing. Completely forgot I was on the phone.

happens way too often ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

On the phone to my friend, who asks me for another friends mobile number.

*spends a good minute looking for my phone*

...realise I have the phone in my hand pressed up against my head.

</blond moment>

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Rocket19

One time, my Dad was talking about some 'debate' he and a guy from the pub were having about Nelson's Pillar, and what year it was bombed.

I hadn't even heard of it before, but after of few minutes of him talking about it, I go "but why was he up there in the first place?"
    DOH!
    He laughed at me :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement