Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medical examination for Australian Visa - will VHI cover cost?

Options
  • 29-05-2012 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hey guys,

Would appreciate if anyone has any idea on this? I have to complete a medical for my Visa to Australia, and as such have to get chest x-rays, HIV test etc....

I know VHI will pay under my plan for X-ray costs, but as this is something pretty much voluntary do you think they'd be in a position to deny the claim?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

Generally speaking, only treatments or tests to diagnose or treat an illness or an injury (or symptoms of an illness or an injury) are covered. Preventative exams aren't usually covered.

There are some exceptions to this though. Some VHI plans offer certain types of screening and cover for some types of travel vaccinations. Have you checked your policy documentation to see what it says?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭sniffingchimp

Thanks for the reply, no, unfortunately in work so will check tonight (think I have a copy at home). Suppose the worst that could happen is that I'll send it off to them, and if they dont want to reimburse, they wont!

Thanks again.

Advertisement