Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC customer care - a joke that is not funny

Options
  • 29-05-2012 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭

So I took the plunge and bought a HTC One X - paid €199 for it with Vodafone. Was initially happy with it, but when the cracks started appearing in the software and the phone's capabilities, I was not very happy at all.

I sent a message to HTC on May 2nd to inform them of my difficulties with the UI, software, camera and contacts on the phone. I received a response on May 3rd, informing me that a member of their technical team would respond soon.

However, after a full 13 days of hearing nothing back from HTC, I decided enough was enough, sent back the phone to Vodafone and got a lame S2 as a replacement in place of the HTC One X. At the same time I sent a mail to HTC informing them of my disgust in not sorting out my problems with the phone after my initial message to them almost 2 weeks previously, and that I had no option but to seek an alternative phone.

The response? "Sorry we cant help you because you no longer have a HTC phone. If you still had it, we could have helped."

Why couldn't they have responded in the 2 weeks that I had the phone?

Steer clear. DO NOT BUY!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

HTC have probably the best support out there. I find it's always better to call support, you get help there and then.
    You got a lame s2? Seriously, if you think the s2 is lame there's no helping you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭deravarra

You think having to send a second mail asking for help is acceptable and best practice for customer/technical support?

And yes, an S2 is lame considering I spent €199 on a phone which I do not have now, and get an S2 instead - which is available at a cost of €0 on the same price plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Why did you settle for Sgs2 then,your contract is with Vodafone btw.

Jarren wrote: »
    Why did you settle for Sgs2 then,your contract is with Vodafone btw.

Because I had no alternative. It was either that or an iphone, which I had just changed from.

Yes, contract is with vodafone - but who is supposed to provide technical support? Vodafone also showed incompetence in this issue, but HTC just didnt bother to do their job either.

You think it acceptable to ignore a mail asking for technical help?

Never had any technical issues with phones owned by me in the past so I can't comment on that, what I do know is you'd get your problems sorted quicker by ringing a customer service directly .

My 2cents

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Never had any major issues with them either. They've always been pretty good to deal with.

Never had any technical issues with phones owned by me in the past so I can't comment on that, what I do know is you'd get your problems sorted quicker by ringing a customer service directly .

My 2cents

True - but thing is ... I mailed them ... they said "ok, we'll have someone contact you" - the same as phoning and being put on hold.

Either way, crap service no matter what way you look at it ... and they just want to walk away without a care for their customers

Never had any major issues with them either. They've always been pretty good to deal with.

Im happy to hear that. However, in my case they have been awful

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

What was the problem with your phone?

To be honest you should have returned the phone to vodafone and let them get you a replacement one x or get it repaired.

adrian522 wrote: »
    What was the problem with your phone?

To be honest you should have returned the phone to vodafone and let them get you a replacement one x or get it repaired.

Multiple problems - from inadequate battery life, camera switching on "by itself", issues with contact lists, music player not switching from one track to another.

Vodafone were awful too ... said they would send the phone away to get tested by HTC - would take 2-3 weeks to get sorted and I would be without a phone in the meantime... Because of work and young family, I could not do without a phone that long...

• Advertisement

Vodafone should issue a temp replacement while your phone is being repaired .
    Which means you'd still have a phone some kind .

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Sounds to me your problem is with the One X in general not your particular handset or am I missing something.

Vodafone should have offered a replacement phone while yours was away for testing.

Vodafone should issue a temp replacement while your phone is being repaired .
    Which means you'd still have a phone some kind .

that was offered - a battered nokia from the stored where i got the HTC ... wasnt going to take that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

deravarra wrote: »
    that was offered - a battered nokia from the stored where i got the HTC ... wasnt going to take that.

You should've taken it. Seems more your level to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

Apple fan boy in "HTC are sh*t outburst"

Bad Panda wrote: »
    You should've taken it. Seems more your level to be honest.

Meaning what exactly?

darokane wrote: »
    Apple fan boy in "HTC are sh*t outburst"

Eh no. I am not an apple fan boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭BabyMonkeyy

So if i am reading this correctly you sent them two emails. One explaining the issue and they emailed you back saying they would get onto technical support and then one after you had taken the phone back to Vodafone and got a replacement.

Can i say that mistakes happen, i don't understand why you didn't email them again or ring them (which is better) just in case they misplaced your request before handing the phone back to Vodafone for the replacement phone.

And i don't understand why you wouldn't take the temporary phone for 2 or 3 weeks, its only temporary.

So if i am reading this correctly you sent them two emails. One explaining the issue and they emailed you back saying they would get onto technical support and then one after you had taken the phone back to Vodafone and got a replacement.

Can i say that mistakes happen, i don't understand why you didn't email them again or ring them (which is better) just in case they misplaced your request before handing the phone back to Vodafone for the replacement phone.

And i don't understand why you wouldn't take the temporary phone for 2 or 3 weeks, its only temporary.

I emailed them on the 2nd - got a reply back on the 3rd to say they would get back in touch - but they didn't respond until after i made contact with them again, where they offered to help - but then said they couldn't help as I had taken another phone.

I didn't want to accept a phone which was in rag order. If you had seen it, you wouldn't take it either.

Vodafone were awful too ... said they would send the phone away to get tested by HTC - would take 2-3 weeks to get sorted and I would be without a phone in the meantime... Because of work and young family, I could not do without a phone that long...

What am i missing, your phone was getting sent away to be fixed, you were offered a phone, you refused it and you decided to get an S2 instead and you're even complaining about that

Sounds to me like you're the problem in all of this.

• Advertisement

What am i missing, your phone was getting sent away to be fixed, you were offered a phone, you refused it and you decided to get an S2 instead and you're even complaining about that

Sounds to me like you're the problem in all of this.

What are you missing?

Some manners for a start! Liking a post which intimated a nokia would have been "my level" ... and then accusing me of being an apple fanboy.

If you want to have a go at someone, find somebody else - do not pick a fight with me

What are you missing?

Some manners for a start! Liking a post which intimated a nokia would have been "my level" ... and then accusing me of being an apple fanboy.

If you want to have a go at someone, find somebody else - do not pick a fight with me

thank you for proving my point

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

If we could move beyond the bickering.......

O/P : Based on the events you explained, it does sound like VF failed to provide you with an adequate substitute whilst your phone would've been away, and whilst the S2 is still fairly well regarded phone, i'll presume it's early in your contract, and it is already a good year since it was released.

Do you have any comeback on a more recent phone?

What are you missing?

thank you for proving my point

Just what was your point? That the nokia was my level? That i was an apple fanboy? That i was the problem?

If all you can do is insult people it shows that YOU have the problem.

If you want to respond in a more respectful manner, fire ahead. If not, just dont bother to respond.

wernstrom! wrote: »
    If we could move beyond the bickering.......

O/P : Based on the events you explained, it does sound like VF failed to provide you with an adequate substitute whilst your phone would've been away, and whilst the S2 is still fairly well regarded phone, i'll presume it's early in your contract, and it is already a good year since it was released.

Do you have any comeback on a more recent phone?

The HTC was the upgrade phone replacing my iphone 4. Didnt want to stay with apple ... despite some people accusing me of fanboyism. the only two phones offered in place of the htc were an iphone 4s or an S2. I opted for the S2. This was offered for a zero cost over the same contract period as i had paid €199 for the htc one x... leaving me €199 out of pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

The HTC was the upgrade phone replacing my iphone 4. Didnt want to stay with apple ... despite some people accusing me of fanboyism. the only two phones offered in place of the htc were an iphone 4s or an S2. I opted for the S2. This was offered for a zero cost over the same contract period as i had paid €199 for the htc one x... leaving me €199 out of pocket.

Why didn't you take a replacement One X?

TBi wrote: »
    Why didn't you take a replacement One X?

It was not offered. It was either send it away for a number of weeks for testing and take a rubbish nokia or the samsung s2/iphone 4s

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

It was not offered. It was either send it away for a number of weeks for testing and take a rubbish nokia or the samsung s2/iphone 4s

Probably because you were outside the 2 week window. I'd have argued for a replacement since i had contacted HTC. ALTHOUGH since your primary contact is with Vodafone you should have contacted them, not HTC when you had the first issue.

TBi wrote: »
    Probably because you were outside the 2 week window. I'd have argued for a replacement since i had contacted HTC. ALTHOUGH since your primary contact is with Vodafone you should have contacted them, not HTC when you had the first issue.

I tried both ... vodafone provided no support, so i tried HTC ... and was met with silence. And I was also informed that the 2 week window is only for those purchasing online. Does not apply to those buying in shops apparently

• Advertisement

How long did you have the phone for ? If it was within 14 days they should give you a replacement rather than sending it for repair,

What was the nokia being offered as a temp replacement? I would have thought they would offer a phone comparable to the one you bought.

Advertisement