Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC customer care - a joke that is not funny

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭deravarra

adrian522 wrote: »
    How long did you have the phone for ? If it was within 14 days they should give you a replacement rather than sending it for repair,

What was the nokia being offered as a temp replacement? I would have thought they would offer a phone comparable to the one you bought.

I had the phone for 10 days before I contacted vodafone. I was told by those in the shop that I only had a right to return the phone for an alternative if i had purchased online.

The Nokia I was being offered was a 6700 i think...

The choices I was given were: test - phone gone for up two-three weeks - nokia as substitute ... or make do with the phone as was. It was only after I contacted Vodafone customer care in dundalk that they offered the other two alternatives as a replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

deravarra wrote: »
    I tried both ... vodafone provided no support, so i tried HTC ... and was met with silence. And I was also informed that the 2 week window is only for those purchasing online. Does not apply to those buying in shops apparently

Pretty sure the 2 week thing is for all purchases, i don't believe a thing that salesmen say anymore. They'll say anything to get you out the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

I had the phone for 10 days before I contacted vodafone. I was told by those in the shop that I only had a right to return the phone for an alternative if i had purchased online.

The Nokia I was being offered was a 6700 i think...

The choices I was given were: test - phone gone for up two-three weeks - nokia as substitute ... or make do with the phone as was. It was only after I contacted Vodafone customer care in dundalk that they offered the other two alternatives as a replacement.

so what are you complaining about, you were offered a solution and you chose one, you're just complaining for the sake of complinaing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Please keep things civil. Neither provoke, nor feed flame wars.

Deravarra, I'm not entirely certain what you want from this thread. You have an issue, others have suggested solutions and you've complained that these are not acceptable, which is up to you. I'm not really interested in threads that do little more than belly ache about operator / phone manufacturer X, and that's where this seems to be going.

Bad Panda, behave.

At this stage, perhaps you should accept that you may not find a solution that is acceptable to you and move on.

darokane wrote: »
    so what are you complaining about, you were offered a solution and you chose one, you're just complaining for the sake of complinaing

To be fair, the choices given probably weren't correct when you consider his consumer rights. I.E. he should have been offered a identical replacement for his defective phone.

• Advertisement

TBi wrote: »
    To be fair, the choices given probably weren't correct when you consider his consumer rights. I.E. he should have been offered a identical replacement for his defective phone.

that's not true, the retailer gave him the option of a repair which they are entirely entitled to do so

that's not true, the retailer gave him the option of a repair which they are entirely entitled to do so

No, they didn't. They offered to take the phone in and give it to HTC to test.
    No offer of a repair was given.

Perhaps you should hold off on responding. Between not knowing what you're talking about and belting out insults, I think you're offering nothing positive to this thread.

Maybe you would like to try After Hours

Under two weeks you should be offered a replacement phone. It's unacceptable to have to wait for a repair or to be given an inferior phone.

Please keep things civil. Neither provoke, nor feed flame wars.

Can you address that to those who provided nothing positive in this thread please?
    Deravarra, I'm not entirely certain what you want from this thread. [/B]
    Some helpful advice on a new approach to rectify this issue would be nice. Instead, a few fools with free time on their hands choose to insult and provoke. However, there are some who are trying to help.
    At this stage, perhaps you should accept that you may not find a solution that is acceptable to you and move on.[/B]
    True. Maybe I was mistaken in the belief that this forum would help me to find a workable solution. After seeing the responses of one in particular, I'd have been better off asking a gnat for a solution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Two week ban for deravarra, which should give him plenty of time to find a gnat for a solution.

• Advertisement

Under two weeks you should be offered a replacement phone. It's unacceptable to have to wait for a repair or to be given an inferior phone.

that is not true, it's not law and the retailer acted within the law by offering to send away the phone to be tested, if it was found to be faulty it would have been repaired.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

The HTC was the upgrade phone replacing my iphone 4. Didnt want to stay with apple ... despite some people accusing me of fanboyism. the only two phones offered in place of the htc were an iphone 4s or an S2. I opted for the S2. This was offered for a zero cost over the same contract period as i had paid €199 for the htc one x... leaving me €199 out of pocket.

You explained that already.

Now do you currently have any comeback with Vodafone?

Because the events you explained sound iniquitous to me, and i would raise a bit of a stink with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

that is not true, it's not law and the retailer acted within the law by offering to send away the phone to be tested, if it was found to be faulty it would have been repaired.

Read the link from Jarren above.

Read the link from Jarren above.

They offered to test and repair it, they were well within their rights to do this, By the looks of it the OP changed his mind about the phone and didnt like its interface and came across like a complete d!ck to vodafone and htc(as he done here).
    Being nice gets you places with any retailer

They offered to test and repair it, they were well within their rights to do this, By the looks of it the OP changed his mind about the phone and didnt like its interface and came across like a complete d!ck to vodafone and htc(as he done here).
    Being nice gets you places with any retailer

Yes but he was within his rights to get a brand new replacement (as per link from Jarren). You are assuming he didn't like the phone, you don't know if there was a real issue with the phone or not. Maybe the screen was damaged?

He was a bit of a dick but it takes two to tango and boy were ye dancing!

When i'm treated like crap by a retailer i get bloody angry, maybe he just wanted to vent because he was treated so badly. How would you feel if your 5 day old phone started giving trouble and the seller told you to take a crap phone or downgrade to a cheaper phone and now get your money back? You'd be well pissed off. Jasus i was pissed off when you said just to accept the crap alternative instead of fighting for his rights to a new one.

I would have taken the crap loan phone for a few weeks while the phone which i originally wanted was in getting tested and hopefully repaired, if it wasn't repaired to my satisfaction then i would have demanded a new replacement phone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

I actually posted last week in the Android forum about how good HTC customer care is. They're currently shipping back my 19 month old HTC Desire after the motherboard gave up. Collected/Fixed/Shipped all for free. HTC have a 2 year warranty, almost all other phone manufacturers only have a 1 year warranty

Op, the problems you're describing are well documented. If you'd done even a basic search you'd realise it was a software issue which caused those problems and the latest firmware update fixes it. The update is due on Vodafone this Friday. The S2 is not lame, it's not as good as the One X granted but it's still one of the best phones out there. My advice, go back to Vodafone, tell them you realise now that it's a software issue that will be rectified, and ask for HTC One X back. I'm using a branded Vodafone One X at the moment, and while I've seen traces of the problems you mention, they're no where near as bad as you're making out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

griffdaddy wrote: »
    HTC have a 2 year warranty, almost all other phone manufacturers only have a 1 year warranty

incorrect, all manufacturers (that have phones for sale in ireland) except apple have a 2 year warranty and have done for several years now.

i think the op got a bit of misinformation from the store. it does not take a number of weeks to verify a fault, generally this is referred to as a "24 hour test". Shipping times have to be taken into account but this still only results in a few days wait as opposed to a few weeks.

Does the gs2 cost €199? I would have assumed it would be a fair bit cheaper than the oneX at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭vicM

I don't know about HTC customer care, but there is something amiss if they don't refund the 199, though prices for the sgs2 haven't really dropped esp for new handsets
    My take is that we don't have all the information from the situation

• Advertisement

theteal wrote: »
    HTC have a 2 year warranty, almost all other phone manufacturers only have a 1 year warranty

incorrect, all manufacturers (that have phones for sale in ireland) except apple have a 2 year warranty and have done for several years now.

i think the op got a bit of misinformation from the store. it does not take a number of weeks to verify a fault, generally this is referred to as a "24 hour test". Shipping times have to be taken into account but this still only results in a few days wait as opposed to a few weeks.

Does the gs2 cost €199? I would have assumed it would be a fair bit cheaper than the oneX at this stage
    Are you sure you're not confusing the fact that retailers have to offer a 2 year warranty, and not the manufacturer themselves?

theteal wrote: »

Are you sure you're not confusing the fact that retailers have to offer a 2 year warranty, and not the manufacturer themselves?

after ~7 years working in the industry, i'm sure. i can vaguely remember when the change came in (from 1 to 2 years) about 5 years ago, it was moto or sony eric that did it first and the rest duly followed. . .except apple of course

Retailers only have liability for 1 year, the manufacturer provides the 2 year guarantee.

Retailers only have liability for 1 year, the manufacturer provides the 2 year guarantee.

retailers have liability for longer than a year, retailers have liability for a what is deemed to be a reasonable lifetime of a product. there's no specific term and it may fall upon a small claims judge to specify what is a reasonable lifetime

Advertisement