Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How do i know if i'm on the supplemental register?

• 29-05-2012 2:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭

I sent off my registration form in the 1st week of May so I think I should have been on time for the referendum but I didn't get a voting card yet. Should I expect one? Can I vote without one? Can I check the supplemental register anywhere? Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭elPadrino

Try www.checktheregister.ie

I sent off my form in April and my name now appears on the supplemental register. You won't need a card to vote.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Adelie wrote: »
    I sent off my registration form in the 1st week of May so I think I should have been on time for the referendum but I didn't get a voting card yet. Should I expect one? Can I vote without one? Can I check the supplemental register anywhere? Thanks for any help!

Did you try www.checktheregister.ie? I'm not sure if it does the supplemental register, but possibly worth checking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭Adelie

I did check the website, and my name was not there, so I assumed it does not include the supplemental register, but elPadrino has seen that it does... though perhaps it is not 100% trustworthy

Actually I was changing my address, and my name still shows up for my OLD address. I wonder does that mean it was not processed!? It's been over 3 weeks.

Actually I was changing my address, and my name still shows up for my OLD address. I wonder does that mean it was not processed!? It's been over 3 weeks.

You can probably still vote at your old polling station, if it's different, then. Just go along with your passport, you don't need your polling card.

• Advertisement

You're probably right. I won't be able to make it to my old station though. Pretty annoying when I had it submitted in time. I'll try to confirm for sure anyway!

You're probably right. I won't be able to make it to my old station though. Pretty annoying when I had it submitted in time. I'll try to confirm for sure anyway!

Worth going down to the new one then, just in case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Mance Rayder

It won't be on the checktheregister.ie website as that only searches the published register which was finalized earlier in the year.

I was in a very similar situation just a week ago. I applied to change my address and after a few weeks waiting I checked the register and I was still under my old address.

I called my local council office asked them to check the supplemental register and sure enough I am on it at my new address. I was told it will be next year that my new address goes into the published register.

Assuming you live in Dublin city council area then the number you need to call is (01) 222 2222 (Alternatively you can email the customer service) . I don't know about other councils but i am sure they have a customer service number you can find on the relevant website.

Again just ask them to check the supplemental register for you.

PS:Got my polling card today in Dublin 9 area.

CiscoStudent, thanks a lot, I rang that number and they were very quick and helpful.

For anyone who is interested, my application arrived just after the closing date so was not processed. It arrived to Dublin City Council 18 days (14 working days) after I posted it to Galway City Council from Dublin. So either An Post or Galway City Council are not doing their job very quickly!

Advertisement