Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post Redirection service

Options
  • 29-05-2012 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

hi all,

just a query about an post redirection service ... does it work and does it work well? we will be moving house to wexford in july and hoping our post will follow us by using this service. don't want to change the addresses with suppliers / customers yet as want to wait til we buy a house as we will be renting initially

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Worked fine for us. We even had mail redirected after the 6 months were up. Was quite impressed as I hadn't expected it to be so easy :o

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭tregan

thanks for quick response ... guess we will have to hope for the best! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Basically, they put an unmissable big neon pink label on the slot on the mail bench for your old address and every morning, the postman takes the letters addressed to your old house and sticks a label with your new address on the letters. A very simple, effective process!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭tregan

Basically, they put an unmissable big neon pink label on the slot on the mail bench for your old address and every morning, the postman takes the letters addressed to your old house and sticks a label with your new address on the letters. A very simple, effective process!

by your name i am right to think you are a postie yourself? if so do you know if say i paid for 6 month redirection but we did find a house to buy before the 6 months are up will the change they redirect address to another mid term?? or do i just have to pay for another term?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Guilty as charged :D TBH I'm not sure, I can't see a problem with changing the address a second time once you've paid but I couldn't be certain. They have a customer service department you could ring and ask, the number is 1850575859

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Guilty as charged :D TBH I'm not sure, I can't see a problem with changing the address a second time once you've paid but I couldn't be certain. They have a customer service department you could ring and ask, the number is 1850575859

Hi,

Does it go by name?

It's just I redirect some post in my name, but I have people renting in my house too. Does just my name redirect, or does the whole address and whoevers name is on it redirect anyway?

And, my house number is 15, so if someone put 15A, 15B etc on it, it wouldn't redirect?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

It goes by Name & Address, so your tenants shouldn't be affected.

OP - When applying for redirection, be aware that there are 2 tickboxes on the form, which if left unticked, allow AnPost to share your information internally and externally.

When you go into the Post Office to avail of the redirection service, make sure you ask the agent to verify that they've ticked these boxes, otherwise you will be getting loads of additional junk mail, in addition to a nice "Welcome to your new home" letter from the nice folks in TV Licence section.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

dilallio wrote: »
    .... in addition to a nice "Welcome to your new home" letter from the nice folks in TV Licence section.

Yeah I can confirm An Post add your new address to their TV licence database, and send you a letter within weeks. So An Post Redirection could cost you more than the initial price.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭java

Oracle wrote: »
    Yeah I can confirm An Post add your new address to their TV licence database, and send you a letter within weeks. So An Post Redirection could cost you more than the initial price.

Is this a recent thing? I got redirection for 6 months in June 2010 and didn't get a personalised TV licence letter.

OP - redirection service worked well for me. No complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Its a good service. Very easy to set up and works well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement