Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to structure an Irish debate

• 29-05-2012 2:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭

I'm drawing a blank on this and it would be nice to have as a backup in case the aiste titles are terrible.

Basically, how do you start/end a debate in Irish?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

http://www.skoool.ie/skoool/examcentre_sc.asp?id=670 I'm just gonna learn this opening/conclusion at some point, or try to pull up my JC ones from the darkest corners of my memory :pac: I've heard they dont award marks for those anyway.

You also have to address the audience throughout, which isnt hard, e.g. if it was poverty you'd say "isn't it awful, ladies and gentlemen? Can't see you see what I'm saying?". I do it in the aiste anyways, fits nicely and my mock examiner loved it. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

finality wrote: »
    I'm drawing a blank on this and it would be nice to have as a backup in case the aiste titles are terrible.

Basically, how do you start/end a debate in Irish?
    My teacher said you do get marks for debate phrases. Basically just chairperson, adjudicators etc at the beginning, a few phrases like 'what do you think' and then end with I hope you all agree with me. I'm not able to add phrases now but if I get time later I will.

Advertisement