Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPad 3 wifi drops

• 29-05-2012 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Anyone else have this issue? Wifi consistently drops after a short time of inactivity, in some cases literally a minute or so. By 'drop' I mean the wifi icon is still there, it appears connected, but when you try to use safari or any apps it just times out..

Firstly, I've got an iPad 3 32gb 4g model.
    Sent back to replace and received new one - identical problem
    Router is the zyxzel POS you get with magnet, also tested on 2 other routers and have the same issue.
    Set all settings to apple requirements as per this link - http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4199
    Updated firmware on router
    Reset network settings on iPad, renewed lease etc. same issue.
    Set back to factory defaults.

At the mo, it seems the only way to use this thing is by repeatedly switching the wifi off and back on when it drops, which is constant, have had to reconnect twice while even typing this! Seems like this is the only solution, been onto apple, on to magnet, no joy. Big pain if you're reading e.g boards.ie, and on a long thread having to disconnect/reconnect when going to the next page..

Only other thing I noticed is it stays connected longer when plugged in charging.

Anyone else run into this issue?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

I had this problem too but it turned out to be a Router issue.

I had set up an old router as a wifi extender and it caused ip conflicts causing the ipad to timeout.

Try using the ipad on another wifi and test it out , see if the same problem happens

This is your second iPad with the exact same problem , i doubt its the ipad

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I had issues for a long time with my wi-fi dropping on devices (including the iPad and iPhone).

UPC guy arrived at my house, informed me with a chuckle that the router power supply was in my modem, and vice-versa. Putting the correct PS in the correct device fixed the issue completely! He said it happens all the time.

I'd never have guessed as the two boxes live upstairs under a bed, and even with the wrong powers supplies in each worked part of the time.

Worth checking. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Alt_M

This isn't directly related but my main WiFi issue with the new iPad is signal strength
    iPhone & laptop will have full signal compared to mid to low strength on the iPad.

Advertisement